Chapter 18

Skylar's p.o.v

I woke up and checked to see what time it was. It was 9:30. Today was Friday but I wasn't going to school today. Tonight is prom and I am really excited. Kyle and Chloe, Ashton and Harlow, Brooklyn and her boyfriend, Michael and Luke and then Calum and I are all going together. I was not excited about the Ashton, Michael and Luke part. Calum made them promise that they wouldn't be rude to me tonight though. I walked downstairs and saw Harlow an Brooklyn home as well. My dad and Lyla were at work and Owen was at school.

Skylar: What time was our appointment again?

Harlow: We have to be at the nail salon by 1:00 and the hair salon at 3:30.

Skylar: Ok.

I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I pulled out a yogurt and then grabbed an apple off the counter. After I sat down at the table and ate I texted Chloe about tonight. She was still deciding on what to do for makeup. I then got a good morning text from Calum. He also wanted to know what time to be at my house by. Lyla set up this whole backdrop thing in our backyard so that she could take pictures of all of us. Prom started at 7:00 so I told him to come over at 6:00.  

**************************************************************************

It was now 12:50 and I was driving to Chloe's house to pick her up. Once she was in my car we drove to the nail salon. We were all deciding what colour we wanted to do. I found one that matched my dress perfectly. After spending 2 hours getting our nails done we drove to the hair salon. I decided I was going to get my hair curled and then put into an up do. Once the hair stylist knew what I wanted she started on my hair. It was 4:30 when we were all finished. I drove back home and and we all got our dresses on and started doing our makeup. I was just going with eye shadow, mascara, eye liner and lipstick. I put my shoes that I was going to wear on and took a few pictures. 

Ethan: Wow Skylar you look great.

Skylar: Thanks dad.

Dresses:

*************************************************************************

It was 6:00 and I heard the doorbell ring. I walked downstairs and answered.

Calum: Wow you look beautiful.

Skylar: And you look very handsome.

I kissed him and then brought him inside. Everyone else was already here so we had to go to the backyard for pictures.

Lyla: I'm doing the group photos first and then I will do individual couples after.

After taking a whole bunch of group pictures Harlow and Ashton went first. Once they were finished it was Calum and I's turn. We decided on what poses to do and then took the pictures. After everyone was done Chloe and I took a picture together.

Ethan: Well the limo is here. Remember to have fun but be safe!

We walked to the front yard where the limo was waiting and got in. Once we arrived to the school walked to the gym. We were given a table number and then walked inside. We found our table and left our stuff there. The music hasn't started yet so people were walking around talking and getting their picture taken.

Calum: Did you want to stand in line to get our picture taken?

Skylar: Sure. We waited in line and got our picture taken. Chloe then walked up to us.

Chloe: They started letting people vote for prom queen and king. You and Calum are one of the nominees.

Skylar: How?

Calum: I might of had something to do with that.

The music started and we all headed to the dance floor. I really sucked at dancing so I was just trying to follow Calum's lead. 

****************************************************************

Prom was almost over and they were announcing prom queen and king now. The nominees were Calum and I, Ashton and Harlow, Kyle and Chloe or some other guy and girl I didn't know. 

Principal: Your prom queen and king is Harlow and Ashton!

We all clapped for Harlow and Ashton while they made their way up to the front. I was kind of happy that we didn't win because I don't know how to dance and doing that while everyone if focused on us would be embarrassing. Once they were given their crowns the music started and they danced. 

********************************************************************

Calum: Well tonight was fun.

Skylar: It was. 

We were standing outside on the front porch. He said goodnight and then kissed me before walking back to his own house. I walked back inside and was asked about how tonight was. After I finished talking I went to my room to get ready for bed.