Chapter 17

Skylar's p.o.v

Today we were going prom dress shopping. We were driving an hour to the city since there was nowhere in East Hills to get dresses. I finished my bowl of cereal and put it into the dishwasher.

Harlow: Skylar hurry up!

Skylar: Coming.

I got into the van and bucked my seat belt. 

Skylar: Hey we are like 5 minutes from your house.

Chloe: Ok.

Once we got to Chloe's house I got out of the van and walked to the front door of Chloe's house. The door opened and I saw Chloe's dad. We talked for a minute before Chloe came running down the stairs with her phone and purse.

Chloe: Bye dad!

Dad: Have fun girls.

Her dad closed the door so we walked tot he van and got in sitting beside each other.

Lyla: Hi Chloe how are you?

Chloe: I'm good how about you?

Lyla: I'm doing great! Are you excited about today?

Chloe: Yeah. Thanks for letting me come with you guys.

Lyla: The more the merrier.

In an hour we finally arrived to the city. Once we got to the mall we parked the van and then walked inside. I had no idea what kind of dress I was looking for. 

Lyla: This store looks like a good place to start.

We walked into to the store and started looking dresses. After looking at every option in the store we picked a few and tried them on.

Lyla: Ok girls what do you think?

Brooklyn: I found my dress.

Chloe: The only one I like doesn't fit.

Harlow: Can we try another store mom?

After paying for Brooklyn's dress we walked to another store. When we got there we did the same thing and looked throughout the whole store for dresses.

Harlow: I found one!

We all found a few options and tried them on. I narrowed my options and had 2 to pick from. After 5 more minutes Chloe, Harlow and I all picked out our dresses. After we paid for them we went to a few other stores to buy shoes, makeup and accessories.

Lyla: Let's get lunch.

We took our bags to the car and then went back to the food court. I stood in line at the food court. Once we had our food we found a table and sat down.

Lyla: So have you guys made appointments to get your hair and nails done yet?

Brooklyn: It's the end of April. Prom is the second week of June.

Lyla: Ok maybe it is a bit to early then.

After lunch we decided to go back home. Once we dropped Chloe I got a text from my boss Jillian. She asked if I could cover somebody's shift so  said yes. When we got home I changed into my uniform and drove myself to work.