Chapter 14

Skylar's p.o.v

Today was the 14th of March. That also meant that it was Brooklyn and I's 18th birthday. It was Saturday so I at least had that going for me. At 3 we were having our party. For each kid on their birthday they rent out some place and throw a party there. All of our family comes. We then are allowed to invite as many friends as we want. Since there is 2 of us there are more people since we each have our own friend groups. Well then again all I have is Chloe and Calum. The majority of the party is focused on Brooklyn anyway. It always has been. I'm just used to it by now.

I got out of bed and walked downstairs. My dad was sitting at the dining table while Lyla was cooking our birthday breakfast. I saw Lyla making pancakes, fruit salad, eggs, sausage, toast and bacon.

Ethan and Lyla: Happy birthday Skylar!

Skylar: Thanks.

Once all of us were downstairs we sat around the table and ate breakfast. My dad and Lyla left the room left the room and came back in with a plate of cupcakes and 2 boxes which I assumed were our presents. There were 2 cupcakes with candles in it which were Brooklyn and I's. As they sang happy birthday to us we blew out the candle. Once we finished eating our cupcakes my dad handed Brooklyn and I our presents. I let Brooklyn go first. She unwrapped the present and opened the box.

Brooklyn: Holy shit thank you!

We all looked to see what Brooklyn got. It was the makeup palette that Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star made. Brooklyn loves doing her makeup so I knew she really liked her present.

Lyla: Ok your turn Skylar.

I unwrapped the box my present was in and took the lid off the box. I was really happy. I got an expansion pack for The Sims 4. It's my favourite game in the world and I have been asking them for months.

Skylar: Thank You!

After breakfast I went to my room. I grabbed my laptop and downloaded my new expansion pack. Once it was done downloading I opened the game.

It was 2:30 which meant we had to go. This year my dad rented out an arcade for our party. This was going to be so much fun. I got the sweater I decided I was going to wear to the party and out it on. When I came out of my room I saw Brooklyn in a dress with her hair and makeup fully done. I mean it is just an arcade we don't have to be that dressed up. We all got into the car and drove to arcade. 

Autumn: Surprise bitches!

Skylar: Oh my god Autumn what are you doing here?

Autumn: Spring break started yesterday so I am back home for a week. Happy birthday guys!

Brooklyn and Skylar: Thanks!

We walked into the arcade and started setting up the tables where we would have all the food. Aside from that everything was already set up.

Lyla: Harlow, and I are going to go pick up the pizzas for the party now.

Ethan: Ok. 

Autumn: I'll go with you since there is a lot of pizza to carry.

They left to get the pizza and car started pulling into the parking lot. My grandparents came up to me saying happy birthday to me. I thanked them and then walked around more greeting other people. I watched as all of Brooklyn's friends show up. There was now about 30 people here. I looked at the door of the arcade and saw Chloe come in. She ran up to me and hugged me.

Chloe: Happy birthday girl!

Skylar: Thanks Chloe!

Chloe: What are you doing over here alone?  

Skylar: Well this is basically a party for Brooklyn. I mean I barely had any part in planning it because they didn't include me. Plus it is mostly just her friends.

Chloe: Where is Calum?

Skylar: It's only 3:15 so I hope he shows up. He said he would be here.

Chloe: Well he better show up or i'll be talking with him on Monday.

We walked around and started with air hockey since all the skee-ball machines were being used.

Calum: Happy birthday babe!

I turned around to see Calum. He leaned in and kissed me.

Skylar: Thanks Cal!

Calum: I am really sorry that I am late. I was stuck in traffic.

Skylar: That's ok you are here now!

Calum, Chloe, Autumn and I were all hanging out. People were starting to take a break from paying games to eat now. I picked up a plastic plate and went over to the tables. I grabbed 2 slices of pizza, some fruit and chips. When we all had our food we picked a table and sat down. I was just thinking about my life. I am really lucky to have these 3 people in my life. I don't know what I would do without Autumn. She is the only person alive in my family that truly understands and cares about me. Chloe and I have been friends since we were little. She is always there for me and stands up for me when I can't stand up for myself. I am utterly in love with Calum. I would do anything just to be with him for the rest of our lives. He has definitely changed my life. Ever since my mom died I have felt invisible and that no one gets me. Calum gets me and that is just one of the many reasons why I love him.

Skylar: Guys I just wanted to say thank you.

Autumn: For what?

Skylar: Just for being the best people ever!

Ethan: Time for cake!

Brooklyn and I got up and walked behind the table where the huge cake was. Everyone sang happy birthday to us. After cutting the cake and making sure everyone at the party had a piece we ate. When the party was over all of our extended family, Chloe and Brooklyn's friends left.

Calum: Here is you birthday present.

Skylar: Aww thanks Cal. I told you you didn't need to get me anything.

Calum: I know but I couldn't get you nothing open it!

I took the small box from his hand and opened it. There was a beautiful heart shaped necklace. It had our names and birthstones engraved into it.

Skylar: I love it thank you!

I kissed him and then he helped me put the necklace on.