Chapter 2

Skylar's p.o.v

I walked down the driveway to my blue Honda Civic and got in. It only took me 10 minutes to get to work. Once I pulled into the parking lot I parked where all of the staff is supposed to park. I went to the back door and walked into the building. When I got there I saw Daniel, Jillian and Josh. We have 2 other staff members but they are off today. We are really understaffed. I clocked in for my shift and then walked over to everyone.

Skylar: Good morning!

Jillian: Good morning Skylar!

People started coming in so we all got to work. While Jillian was at tables taking orders I was at the counter serving people coffee and placing their orders. The door opened and I turned to see who it was. It was one of my regulars. His name is Albert. He comes in every day and always orders the same thing. He

Skyler: Hello Albert!

Albert: Hello Skylar! How are you doing this morning?

Skylar: I'm great how about you?

Albert: I'm good. Could I get the usual please?

Skylar: Coming right up!

I walked back to the kitchen to place Albert's order in. While they were preparing his food I poured him his regular cup of coffee and set it down in front of him. 

Jillian: Skylar I need help with these drinks!

Skylar: Coming. I grabbed the tickets and started getting cups for all of the drinks. Once I filled some I picked up the tray and carried it over to the tables.

*******************************************************************

It was 2:00 PM which meant my shift was over. I took off my apron and went to clock out. Suddenly the parking lot started filling up with cars.

Jillian: Skylar is there anyway you could stay until 3 today? I didn't expect it to get this busy!

Skylar: I just have to text my dad.

Jillian: Ok thank you!

Skylar: No problem Jillian!

I put my apron back on and got back to work. There was a lot of people. Once we got them all seated we were both taking orders and bringing out food. Once it was 3 I was finally able to leave. I said goodbye and went to my car. My phone then started ringing. It was Lyla.

Skylar: Hi Lyla.

Lyla: Hi. Are you out of work?

Skylar: Yes. I just got out.

Lyla: Since the Hoods are coming over I have to start cooking. The party Owen went to is over so could you please pick him up on your way home?

Skylar: Sure.

Lyla: I just texted you the address.

Skylar: Got it I'll be home soon.

I hung up and started my car. I then drove to the address Lyla gave me and went to the front door. I knocked and waited. When I opened it I wasn't expecting to see who I saw. It was Michael Clifford. He is one of the people who are rude to me at school.

Michael: How do you know where I live and what are you doing here?

Skylar: I'm just here to pick up my brother Owen.

Michael: Oh right. I forgot that my brother is friends with yours.

I got Owen and then left Michael's house. That was awkward. When we got home I got changed out of my uniform into sweatpants and a t shirt. I grabbed my binder from my backpack and finished the homework that was due tomorrow. A few hours later my dad walked into my room.