Chapter 3

Skylar's p.o.v

I heard beeping and then realized it was my alarm clock. I turned it off and debated getting out of bed. I then remembered that it was school picture day and that I had to get ready. I got up and went to the bathroom. While my curling iron was heating up I started on my makeup. I don't really wear that much. I just do eye shadow, mascara and lipstick. Once I finished my makeup I began to curl my hair. As I was curling the last piece of hair I checked the time. It was 7:30. I walked over to my closet to get the outfit I picked out a few days ago. It was just black leggings, a plain yellow t shirt and my jean jacket. Once I was dressed I walked downstairs to make myself breakfast. The only other person down here was Lyla. She was probably making breakfast for my dad and herself. I grabbed a frying pan and made myself an egg while she poured coffee.

Lyla: Is that what you are wearing to picture day?

Skylar: Yes why?

Lyla: Personally I think pink would look better but it's your pictures.

Skylar: Ok.

Lyla: Are you going to Owen's soccer practice tonight?

Skylar: Well I don't work so I guess I could.

Lyla: So you can take him?

Skylar: Really Lyla. You couldn't of just asked me to take him instead of making it seem like you cared if I was going there to support him?

Lyla: Well your dad and I wanted to go on a date night tonight.

Skylar: So next time just be straightforward with what you want. You know since you only talk to me when you want something from me.

Harlow: Mom how do I look?

I turned around to see how Harlow dressed for picture day. She was overdressed but then again telling her that would only result in an argument.

Lyla: You look beautiful Harlow!

Eventually my dad made his way downstairs. It was now 7:45. My dad works is a pharmacist. My step mom is an office manager.

Harlow: Brooklyn when do you think they will start holding auditions for this years play?

Brooklyn: How would I know?

Harlow: Arn't you dating the guy who helps Mrs.Clarke with the plays?

Brooklyn: I'm not going to ask my boyfriend to help you get ahead.

Harlow: Ugh fine!

After breakfast I went back upstairs to my room. I had an hour until school started. I usually leave the house around 8:40-8:45. It takes 10 minutes to drive there. Harlow and Brooklyn have their own cars so they drive themselves and their friends earlier. I would go earlier so that I could hang out with Chloe before class starts but she has other friends. Plus why would I want to be at school around people who either don't care about me or hate me longer then I have to? I heard my phone go off so I checked to see who it was.

Chloe: Hey. My car won't turn on and my parents already left for work. Think you could drive me today?

Skylar: I'll be there in like 35 minutes.

 I went through my backpack and made sure all my homework was done. This semester I have 3 classes and a spare. When it was time for me to leave I saw Calum getting into his own car to go to school. Since he was being rude yesterday and doesn't look happy today I decided against saying hi to him. I got into my car and immediately plugged my phone in. As soon as Marianas Trench was blasting throughout my car I pulled out of the driveway and drove to Chloe's house. Once I got there I texted her. She got into the car and shut the door.

Chloe: Good morning!

Skylar: Morning.

Chloe: I love your picture day outfit!

Skylar: Thanks! Where is yours?

Chloe: I am getting my picture taken last period and I have gym second period.

Skylar: Ok.

A few minutes later I pulled into the student parking lot. I pulled into an empty spot and we gor out. After locking the doors we made our way inside the building. Since Chloe's locker was closer we went to hers first. Once she has everything she needed we went to my locker.

Chloe: Did you hear that we have a new kid?

Skylar: Yeah. He's my neighbor unfortunately. His family came over for supper last night.

Chloe: So i'm guessing he didn't make a good first impression?

Skylar: He blew up over something that his dad said and went outside. I tried talking to him and he was being rude assuming what I was like and that I wanted something from him.

Chloe: Sounds like a dick.

I was about to reply to Chloe but I felt somebody bump into me. I ended up falling to the ground. When I looked up I saw Ashton Irwin, Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford and Calum Hood all standing around what I assumed to now be Calum's locker. Ashton, Luke and Michael laughed. Calum held his hand out to help me up even though it was Luke who bumped into me.

Ashton: Eww Calum don't touch her! She might have a disease!

I watched as they laughed. Even Calum was laughing along with them.

Chloe: Skylar let's go.

We left the hallway and went our first class. That was English. Chloe and I took our seats beside each other and go ready for class. I was happy until I saw Calum walk in. He was not who I wanted to see. 

Mrs.Lancaster: You must be Calum. You can take one of the empty seats.

I looked at the 2 options for empty seats. They were both away so I was good. 

Speaker: Could I have students with last names starting with w-z please make their way to the library for pictures?

I was lucky that I was in the first group. Last year they started A-E so I had to wait longer. Once I got to the library I waited in line.

Photographer: Name!

Skylar: Skylar Wright.

Photographer: Alright here is your robe, diploma and hat.

Since I was graduating this year so we had to wear all that stuff for our pictures. After a few minutes I was done with pictures so I went back to class.