Alternative ending epilogue- Matthew C. Roberts

"Is this how you wanted it to be?" I stare at her. Her gaze is fixed onto the stars, every single one of them. She's lost in the sky, lost in her own little world.

Except she shouldn't be lost in her own little world when her marshmallow depends on her. "Abbie, you dork," I quickly take the stick that holds the marshmallow from her and blow out the flame.

"Oh... Whoops," she laughs. "I guess I was just... Admiring the sky."

"Is it what you hoped it'd be?" I question once again. She stares at me, the light of the fire hitting her face.

"It's even better. It's always even better than I could ever hope when you're here."

I grin at this, replying, "you softie. I love you."

"Hey! You're the bigger softie. There's not a day you don't go without reminding me how much you love me!"

"That's just because I'll never be able to tell you how much I love you... There will never be enough words in any language to perfectly describe it... But I can try."

"There you go again," she murmurs, taking my hand. "Making me adore you even more."

I grin, wrapping my arm around her. She leans into me, carefully moving her sketchbook away from the fire a bit. I play with her hair as we sit in silence for a while, both lost in our own minds.

Abigail Alexis Springland is the girl who gave me a second chance at life.

She taught me to be courageous. To take risks. To never forget how beautiful the world is.

She taught me to never take anyone for granted... Either of us could have died while striving for my freedom. 

Most of all... She taught me, that through all the torture you may endure... To never give in or give up...

Hope can show up at any time. Hope is never lost. Anyone can appear in your life and turn it all around. You've just got to hold on through the pain.

the end (again)

aight, sorry if this sucked hah, I've had trouble focusing on everything for the past couple of weeks. I just wanted to at least write SOMETHING today... And my best friend fell in love with this story (and had the name "Matthew" and the song "Killer Queen" ruined for her)... 

Katie, hope you like it! It's not too long, but I can't concentrate, so at least I finished something.