venit omittere | 2.2.1

Start from the beginning

"What the hell is Yoongi doing here?" Jimin asked in disbelief."He should be with Jin!" 

"For the last time!" Yoongi growled, yanking out the daggers from the fallen."I am fine! Just lend me some of your strength, Jimin. Put this bond to good use."

Yoongi felt another burst of adrenaline soar through him, his heart beating faster than he had ever felt it. He quickly maneuvered his way around them, the guards no match for him. One by one they fell at his mercy, an aspect that had Yoongi grinning in glee. He felt invincible. Like nothing could stop him.

A burst of pain flared up in him. But it wasn't his pain. Yoongi's eyes widened.

It was Jimin's.

Jimin had gotten distracted, the distraction causing him an injury in the same leg he had first gotten injured in. Without thinking, Yoongi immediately threw his dagger, the impact causing the guard to stagger back. He pulled Jimin up, who offered him a grateful smile. Relief flooded through him as he saw the place flooded with Momo's backup, people who were more than ready to fight against the tyranny of Taehyung's government.

Taehyung watched in anger as the number of his guards fell and the rebels went up. Ruby smiled triumphantly at him, managing to hurt him once more with her katanas.

"I was always better at you in combat." she laughed, kicking Taehyung in the stomach. Taehyung stumbled at the flow, regaining his footing easily, blocking Ruby's attack. He wiped the blood out of his mouth."Me and your sister."

"She was no sister to me." his voice hardened."She took what was mine!"

"What the hell Taehyung!" Ruby almost yelled."I am not an object."

"You were my Perfect Match before you were anything of hers." he spat venomously."You were supposed to fall for me. Instead, I caught you with my older sister. What the fuck was going through that head of yours?"

"You betrayed me!" Taehyung roared."You betrayed what was sacred. Do you think I wanted to do this? You made me this way. It was all you!"

"You're going to die." Ruby stated simply."By my hand."

She swept Taehyung off his feet, shoving her heel against his throat. She raised her katana in the air, the glint of it shining on Taehyung's face.

"Goodbye, my love," she whispered, her voice holding no sympathy."We could have loved each other one day." 

With that, she buried the katana into Taehyung's chest, numb to the screams and please Taehyung gave.

And then, silence.

Ruby stared wide-eyed at the corpse in front of her. She had done it. She had killed Taehyung. She took the katana out of his chest and began walking outside, a strange sensation in her chest. Yoongi approached her, smiling brightly at her. Her eyes widened at Yoongi's state. He was paler than she'd ever seen him, his eyes sunken, his lips a papery white. He looked like death. And yet, he looked more alive than she had seen him in a while.

"I did it." Ruby said numbly."I killed Taehyung."

Yoongi's eyes widened."Ruby, that's great—"

Ruby watched as Yoongi collapsed to his knees, blood coming out of his mouth. He looked down in surprise at the blood soaking his abdomen, a handle the only thing he could see causing it. His lips made an 'O' before he grabbed the blade weakly, keeping it in place.

"Think again, my love."

Taehyung met Ruby's eyes, a smirk in his lips. She heard Jimin scream in distress, Namjoon urging him and others to pick Yoongi up as fast as humanely possible. 

"Did you think it would be that easy to get rid of me?" Taehyung chuckled."You're really an idiot. No matter." 

"Namjoon, go!" Ruby yelled at the top of her lungs."Get home as fast as possible."

Taehyung grabbed Ruby roughly, forcing her to her knees. He yanked her hair, forcing her to look up as Yoongi was placed on a stretcher, looking lifeless, his fingers still closed around the handle of the blade. She watched helplessly as Jimin muttered sweet nothings to Yoongi, reassurances that he would be okay. She looked, guilt completely consuming. She hadn't even seen Taehyung approach Yoongi. She hadn't been able to see the blade until it was too late.

"Yoongi," Ruby whispered painfully. Taehyung only hummed in delight."I'm so sorry."

"All you did was kill a mere guard." he said gleefully."I talked through him. It was a hallucination. You did nothing. Now you're coming with me, Aaliyah. We have so much to catch up on." 

Ruby felt a needle jab her neck, its contents quickly circulating through her entire body. No matter how hard she tried to fight against it, she failed.

Taehyung's laugh and Yoongi's haunted look were the last things she was before her world faded to black.

a/n: well. this didn't go according to plan. it be like that sometimes (x2)