Episode 16, Pt. 1

"In Which Reality is Blessed with Savage Friends"

(Pt. 1)

· · ·

"My friendship comes in 3 levels: (1) Sarcasm; (2) Insults; (3)Inappropriate Sexual Humor."

-

Rebel Circus

· · ·

4:30 PM

Encontrarse

How does one exactly start a romance novel?

Should I skip to the part where both the (puke) pre-destined lovers meet and are about to get it on? Or, wait for a few chapters to draw the attraction in?

You'd think after reading towers of romance novels, this should've been simple as A-B-C!

I mean, how hard could it be? It's a classic formula repeated and recycled over and over.

Guy meets the girl and thinks she's 'The One'. They get separated. Somehow, the universe tells them they're only meant for one another. Guy meets the girl again, and they fall in love. Something or somebody tries to separate them. Guy and girl try to do everything to fight for their love. Then, bada-bing-bada-boom, they get married and have a happily ever after. 

Turns out, it was way worse — and complex.

Fuck, who am I trying to fool? I can't think of anything about this male character's traitorous ass as worthy of emotional attraction?

Ugh, most times, the heroine is better left alone in my opinion. It's not even that hard to make an arc. Just simply take some of the angst born from silly masculine imperialism and remember that the heroine is more than just a manic pixie dream girl.* 

Yeah, that would've been better

Instead, I'm stuck writing, deleting, and rewriting a chapter over and over again. I can't even get past the first paragraph.