Episode 11, Pt. 3

"In Which Reality is No Damsel in Distress"

(Pt. 3)

· · ·

1:??AM (It's a fight, who keeps track of time?)

Somewhere in Averill

Ugn, I open my eyes, only to meet nothing but a vast starless sky.

You'd think for a girl who had been thrown over her back at least a thousand times, my experience would kick in. (And NO, not like that! And by that, I meant sex. For those who haven't thought of that — well, good for you! For the rest, shame!),

I hear some shuffling on my right — and the smell of tuna.

I hate tuna. Much like I'm beginning to hate the man hovering over me.

BLECH! I scrunch my nose at the repulsive scent. I take it back, I hate the tuna smell even more.

I try to command one of my hands to pinch my nose when I realize they were trapped to either side of my head. The only thing I can move is my head — not that I had any legroom to begin with.

"Now this is more like it. You look fucking good on your back," a voice purrs — I'm guessing Carl, obviously — leaning down on me and nuzzling the sensitive part of my neck.

I fight the accruing wave of revulsion. Yup, I'm gonna need an acid bath for that. Twice.

I send him a devilish smirk, despite the riotous sound of my heartbeat while I gasp copious amounts of air.

"Yeah, you think so?" I ask him coyly, keeping his gaze on mine, and my body still.

Assuming my lack of thrashing as a sign of surrender to his superior strength, the restraints on my hands loosen.

I manage to sneak my hands down his chest. I clench my right hand around the collar of his hoodie. At the same time, my left hand grabs his elbow.

I uncross my feet, using my right foot and left shoulder for support. I lift my hips to the right, creating a small space between us. My left leg lays on the ground next to Carl's knee as I bring my right across his stomach.

Before Carl can react,  I straighten my right knee and scissor my legs in one flowing movement. Sweeping him off his knees, I drag his arm towards me as I hoist myself up and reverse our positions.