· · · PILOT · · ·

"In Which the Story Unfolds" 

· · ·

"Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours."

-

Clementine Kruczynski, Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind.

· · ·

September 14

10:45 AM

Somewhere on Earth

If I tell you a story, would you dare read it?

And if you would, I wonder what should I tell you?

Should I regale you with a tale of two star-crossed lovers?

Lovers, who, by the funny tricks of time, met while walking in a busy street under a starry night sky - or a boarding train across Europe*.

Then, suddenly, there was an instant connection, like two souls led by a tiny string of fate. It was serendipitous, even. As if there was a great divine plan conspired by the universe, revolving around the two of them.

There would be fireworks, music, and laughter. Life seemed to be meaningless without the other. Yet, like fireworks exploding in the sky — so beautiful yet briefly timed — their love came and went like the wind as they drift apart.

Would they meet again? Would they end up together? No one knows.

Hmm, how about something with a hint of adventure?

Like a road trip or a gap year — any journey for self-understanding. They both meet — bada-bing-bada-boom! — sparks were flying everywhere.

At first, they couldn't stand each other. They clash every time they meet. But then, every meeting makes them question everything around them. 

They slowly find themselves smiling and laughing at the other person's every joke. That person plays along to their quirks until suddenly, they find themselves falling and hoping for something unimaginable. They give up everything to be with that other person — even if it means leaving the life they are used to.

And then, that other person leaves them, and they realize it was only them who assumed everything. At that point, they are left with nothing but a broken heart and a kid to raise by themselves.