Episode 4, Pt. 1

"In Which Reality is a Catchy Beer Song"

(Pt. 1)

· · ·

"Friendship must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness, and shenanigans."

Rebel Circus

· · ·

September 13

11:30 AM 

Dining Terrace, Belle Mont Prep

Oh, lunch.

The most important meal of the day. Or was it breakfast? Or brunch?

If so, what about bats and owls and other nocturnal creatures? Is their dinner considered as their breakfast?

Where did the word 'breakfast' even come from, and why is it specifically eaten during the morning?

If I'm nocturnal, isn't my night considered as my morning?

UGH, never mind that.

As students who just survived almost four hours of mental torture from our classes, we deserve this one-hour break to ourselves. Not to mention, we need the food if we want to keep our strengths up to and our wits sharp for the next four hours.

The torture that I have been living in for the last three years.

You see, our school believes in the eight-subject-per-day system from 8:30 AM to 3:50 PM with forty-five minutes for every class, one hour of lunch, and two ten-minute breaks in between classes.

I snort as if the ten minutes were enough to travel from one class to another in this big-ass school. Not to mention — hello? — ST a.k.a. student traffic.

To make matters worse, as seniors, we are more pressured to be more academically involved, just to put something on our transcripts that would make us holistically qualified for college. Of course, to be fair, all I ever did was either sleep in class or argue with my teachers. Not that I have something against all my teachers.

Just the mean annoying ones who treat me and other academically or financially challenged students as scum.

Overall, I can't wait until graduation — then I am out of this hellhole for good! .... Only to be sucked into another one called 'a crippling student loan'. Ain't life so fun?