Episode 7, Pt. 1

"In Which Reality Involves a Scheming Fairy Godfather"

(Pt. 1)

‧ ‧ ‧

"It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen'; but it's even harder to give up when you think it's everything you want."

-

Unknown

‧ ‧ ‧

8:15 PM

The Garage, Downtown Square

I'm an impatient person. Always had been.

It's a common and chronic symptom of my impulsivity. That, and the relentless urge to move around until my brain exhausts itself, and my body rids itself of the extra energy.

One way I deal with it is through pacing back and forth, and around the workstation without having anything else in mind, and letting the repetitive action lull my mind into a meditative state.

Despite its calming effects, it only annoys the people around me. Not that it's my fault. I mean, I didn't tell them to look at me. But they still do anyway.

"Ave!"

I stare at the ceiling one last time, the bright fluorescent lights illuminating the area around my desk. 

KLUNK-KLUNK-KLUNK, CLINK-CLINK! KLUNK-KLUNK-KLUNK, CLINK-CLINK!The steady sounds of metal tools and machines surround me in a rhythmic tune, while the acrid smell of rubber and aerosol paints stream through my nostrils.

I spin around. My hair, which I had pulled into a high ponytail, flips along as I face him.

I blink at him. "Yeah, Pops?"

Pops (or as his birth papers call him, Heinrich Wagner) is a giant of a man towering over at 6 ½ ft. with burly arms, sturdy thighs, and the body of a tank which he managed to maintain from his former days in the Marines.

Most people in town tend to steer clear of him, not just because of his tough battle-scarred persona, but also because of the rumors that he is somehow a president of an MC gang out to wreak havoc and turn our little town into his personal crime den.