Episode 2, Pt. 2

"In Which Reality is a Teenage Purgatory Known as High School"

(Pt. 2)

· · ·

Taking my surprised reaction as an opportunity to escape, he tugs at his arm again.

Bad news for him, I don't get disarmed that easily. My grip on him is still as tight as ever. I twist his arm even more.

He grunts in pain and settles to shoving his hand at my face.

"Why you little"— his hand covers my mouth before I can say whatever curse I can spit at him

"SSHH, do you want Crankston or Mathers to find us?" Emile whispers matter-of-factly.

I scowl. As if that explains why he just suddenly decided to grab me and drag me to a dark corner!

"Owie, my wrist," he wheezes.

I exhale heavily and let go of his arm. I raise my hands to show him I don't mean any further harm.

Emile steps back a couple of feet away from me. Puffing at the few blonde baby hairs that float lazily on his big baby-blue eyes, he rolls the sleeves of his gaudily-printed Versace sweatshirt to his elbows.

He rubs his wrist while shooting me a glare as he does so. Like it's my fault!

I scowl. "Don't look at me like that."

He puffs again and raises his pert nose in the air, expecting me to apologize. As if!

I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "You know how I don't take surprises lightly." 

His small thin lips purse, knowing all full well that it was a given fact.

I do not like surprises. Ever.

I stare at him for a second. He guiltily avoids my eyes. Always the lady.

 I sigh again and try to change the subject. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

He looks at me with a poor-me face, his pout even more pronounced with his plump cheeks sucked in and the soft narrow slope of his jaw emphasized.

His bright-eyed gaze is solemn, reminding me of a dewy-faced cherub in an old Baroque* painting with his soft near-feminine features and mid-length blonde tresses, reflecting multiple tones of honey, gold, and butter. 

Oh shit

Emile doesn't look like this unless it was serious.

I wait intently.