Lilian shook her head. She wasn't sure she agreed with what her sister was saying.

"You can't hide it from her forever. I know you think she's still young and she would never understand the reason why you made the choices you made but she would. Your daughter is more understanding than you think. She loves and cherishes you more than anything in this world and if you keep doing all these things, if you keep keeping all these secrets about her identity from her, and asking her to do things without explaining why she has to, it's always going to break her heart and do things like this."

"You don't understand Victoria." Lilian got up immediately and looked away. She was getting really anxious sitting there. "No one is going to understand."

"Understand what?" She asked her.

"I can't tell her." She said. "I can't tell her anything, not now. I can't tell Kora about her past, about mine, about everything I've been keeping from her. She's never going to forgive me."

Victoria got up too.

"What about me?" She asked her. "Kome, you know you can trust me. What is this big secret you've been hiding from us all these years? Why did you leave home all those years ago? Lilian if there's something going on with you, you should tell me. I can help you."

Lilian slowly turned to her.

"You don't have to keep it all to yourself. What is wrong? What happened when you got pregnant with Kora? What happened eighteen years ago? Why did you leave? Who is Kora's father?"

Lilian looked at her sister for a while as her eyes persuaded her to trust her. She knew she could trust her but she didn't know if Victoria could take the truth if she actually said it. Lilian shut her eyes and a tear fell. She drew a ragged breath.

"I committed a sin Karo." She slowly opened her eyes as she felt her sisters warm hands hold on tightly to hers, rubbing her palms gently too. "I committed a sin before God and before man and it has begun to catch up with me. My sins are catching up with me Karo."

"What is it?" She asked her. "What's so big of a sin that you can't forgive yourself for? That you can't be forgiven for-"

"Kora is a Richard." And the moment Lilian said those words, everything else became static. The silence was deafening. Lilian held her breath and looked into her sister's eyes, she could tell she had become a little bit numb with the way she just stood still, looking into her eyes.

"R-Richard?" Victoria asked her. "Who-Which of the Richards?"

"David Richards." Lilian's voice broke. "Former CEO of Richwell enterprise."

Victoria gasped letting go of Lilian's hands immediately.

"Richwell's David Richard?" Victoria had her eyes widened and her jaw dropped from all that shock. "The one that died a few years ago? Isn't he the father of that girl that's engaged to one of Benjamin Ozor's son's? Jeremiah? The one that Kora likes? The one she said was her boyfriend?"

Lilian exhaled. She was out of words. She was too weak to even speak. She nodded her head slowly.

"Jesus Christ, Lilian!" Victoria called her name in a really surprised tone. She never saw it coming, she never imagined it at all. "Are you trying to say that Kora is sisters with that girl? She's David Richards illegitimate daughter and her and her sister are in love with the same boy? Benjamin Ozor's son?"