Twenty-four

^What I think their house looks like^

*Stevie's POV*

"Stevie, you've got today then tomorrow is your birthday. What do you want to do today and tomorrow?" Ellie asks me as we are all eating breakfast at the diner near our house. I take another bite of my pancake while I think.

"Can we chill at the beach today?" I ask and take time to look at everyone's faces.

"That's sounds fun." Sara smiles.

"Yeah." Kyla agrees.

"Okay, finish up and we will go back to the house and get ready." Ellie says smiling.

"Yay!" I yell and I feel everyone in the restaurant staring at me.

After we finish and pay for our meals we get in the car and go back to the house. Sara and Kyla go downstairs to their room and we go to ours. I change into beach attire and so does Ellie.

"What do you want to do tomorrow? For your actual birthday." Ellie asks me.

"I wanna be with you El. It's thanksgiving, a holiday you're supposed to spend with your family. You're my family. We can go out to eat and lay around all day." I say.

"You're cute." She leans in and kisses me multiple times.

*

We get to the beach. Not many people are here, which is good.

It's still really nice weather here even though it's like the end of November. It's nothing like where I lived. We would have snow if we were there.

I take my clothes off so I'm in my bikini. I lay down in the warm sand. The beach is one of my favorite places.

"Hey Stevie, why don't we rent paddle boards? Or learn how to surf?" Kyla asks.

"Let's surf!" I sit up covered in sand.

Kyla grabs both my hands and pulls me up. We leave our stuff and walk down the beach to the surf shop. Ellie runs up to my side and grabs my hand.

We walk into the shop and a girl we have met quite a few times greets us.

"Hey girls! What's up?" She smiles.

"We want to surf." I smile.

"Finally? Every time you come in here I ask you if you want me to teach you. You always say not today."

"I know." I look down.

She tells us everything we need to know then takes us out to the water.

I feel pretty confident so I go right ahead and try. I stand up and go pretty well for a while then bam! I fall and I'm taken under by a large wave. I come up out of the water and start gagging. I swallowed some of the nasty water and it's burning my throat. It's also in my eyes and nose.

"Stevie are you alright?" Ellie asks.

"No." I say between coughs.

"Go up on the beach and sit for a minute." She says.

I sit on the beach and watch them. After that I tried a few more times until it happened again. Only the second time I puked. Oops.

"Let's go home." Ellie laughs rubbing my back as I stand there miserably.

They finish returning the stuff while I wait outside, because I'm not feeling well.

We get back to the house. I get out of the car and take my bathing suit off in the garage then run inside to the shower.