🖤Ch.25: A Friendly Face?🖤

(Play 'Traverse Town')

"Hey, Sora."

"Yeah?"

"Remember what Leon and Ravus said about a World's Keyhole?" Dawn recalls.

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Well..." Dawn trails off in thought. "I was thinking about how to help Traverse Town's Heartless problem but I haven't a clue as to whether or not there even is a Keyhole here? Do you think someone here might know something?"

"I never really thought about that. Maybe Merlin would know." Sora replies.

After leaving the sanctity of the Secret Waterway, Heartless start to appear again like clockwork.

They all have to fight through multiple swarms through two districts until they find sanctuary in Cid's Accessory Shop.

There they find the southern-speaking blond behind the counter.

Dylan, Dolly and Stitch each drop one of the gummi blocks they recovered from each World. "What have you got there? Hey! Well, if it ain't a gummi block."

Donald nods, affirmatively. "Yup."

"What's this one for?" Goofy asks.

"You're kiddin' me! You're flying a gummi ship and you don't know nothin' about navigation gummis? Bunch of pinheads. Innerspace ain't no playground." Cid scolds.

"Well excuse us for being novices of space travel." Dawn retorts. "And Stitch may be from outer space too, but even he doesn't know things about our ship."

"Yeah! There's a lot we don't know. So what!" Sora backs his friends up. "We have to use the gummi ship to go to other Worlds. We don't have a choice."

"Whoa, easy." Cid scratches his head nervously as the young teens make a good argument. "I didn't know. No hard feelings, all right?"

"What? Did he think a couple of human pups would automatically know how to space travel?" Dolly mutters under her breath.

Dawn pats the dog's head in appreciation.

"Well, I guess I could lend ya'll a hand, then."

"Much appreciated."

"Thanks."

The two Destiny Islanders give their thanks.

"Basically, with navigation gummis, you can go to new places. You want one on your ship, right?"

Goofy and Donald nod.

"I'll install it for you." Cid offers. "But I got this thing I got to go deliver first."

"What do you need to deliver?" Sora asks.

"Just this book." The older blond reaches behind the counter and takes a rectangular-shaped object wrapped pristinely in cloth. "It's real old. When the guy brought it in, it was practically fallin' apart. To beat up to restore it to the way it was. But overall, I did a decent job puttin' it back together. Anyway, you mind deliverin' it for me? It's the old house passed Third District. Look for a big fire sign."

"Oh? Merlin's house?" Dawn looks away from the book that is causing her Link to Light to react back to Cid. "We were actually just on our way there."

Out of nowhere, the entire building shakes followed by the sound of bells ringing. The sudden noise causes Dylan, Dolly and Stitch to cover their sensitive ears.

"What-that?" Stitch questions, looking utterly adorable as his paw-like hands cover his long ears.

"Hmm? The bell at the gizmo shop is ringing. Go check it out if you want, but deliver that book for me first." Cid requests. "When you're done, stop by the house in the Third District. I'll be there."