🖤Ch.5: Waking Up in Traverse Town🖤

A sleeping Dawn lies on a bed in an unknown location.

A wet something gently nudges against her cheek causing her to awaken slightly. Her sunset-colored eyes open a bit to stare back at a pair of large black, tear-shaped eyes, but the rest of who or what the eyes belong to is nothing but a blur, as she begins falling back asleep. "What a strange dream. . ."

She begins to doze back off but is awoken fully when the thing sitting on her chest gives the same cheek it nudged a slimy lick instead. She shoots upright from her lying position, throwing off whatever was sitting on her chest to the end of the bed.

"Whoa! What the. . .?!" She reaches up to her face with a hand to feel a wet substance along one side of her face. As she pulls her hand away, the substance stretches along with it. "Yuck! This definitely isn't a dream!"

"Awake! Saari-awake!" A deep, yet squeaky voice cheers in broken English.

Wiping her face of the slimy substance, Dawn's vision begins to clear up and the blur that was once sitting on her chest becomes clearer. And it's certainly unlike anything she's seen before. But, then again, what she has seen is a very short list (at least from what she currently remembers).

The thing that woke her up by means of a slimy kiss is a creature covered in blue fur that she can only describe, at first glance, is "cute and fluffy".

The small creature is koala-like in shape, coated with blue fur with darker patches on the back of its head and back as well. Large rabbit-like ears with pink insides and dark blue tips on the back. A domed nose rests in the center of its face, between its large black, tear-shaped eyes. It has clawed hands and stubby legs that have shorter claws themselves. A short tail juts out from its rear.

Dawn can only stare at the small being as it stares right back, its small tail wagging. "Uh. . .Hi there."

The creature then stands upright on its hind legs and makes a kind of heaving sound like he's trying to speak. And he does! "Hee-Haa-Hiiiii. . ." The creature opens and closes a hand in a kind of waving motion.

" The creature opens and closes a hand in a kind of waving motion

"Whoa. . ." Dawn then takes in the rest of her surroundings. "Wait a sec. . .This isn't my room! Where am I? What happened to my island? My home?" Then everything comes down on her full force. "So. . .So it wasn't a dream. . .It's gone. . .It's all gone. . ." Into her hands, she begins to sob all over again.