🖤Ch.19: Danger's No Stranger🖤

(Play 'Deep Jungle')

It was hard to tell exactly how long Dawn and Stitch have been searching for their lost companions, but it felt like hours. Traversing through thick jungles and crossing wide streams, with a close encounter with mistaking some crocodiles as logs.

On the upside, Dawn gets to try out her dream of swinging from a vine high in the trees.

Dawn passes some of the time sketching as she walks. It's one of her many skills to be able to draw as she goes without tripping.

"How-we-separated?" Stitch brings up a significant question.

"Your pocket was glowing real bright before we were blasted away from the others. Could that have anything to do with it?" Dylan queries.

"My pocket?" The monochrome-haired, sunset-eyed teen rummages around in her pocket, only to find the Comet Compass Cloud had given her back on Olympus Coliseum. "The Comet Compass? Could this be what sent us flying from the ship?" Both girl, dogs and dog-like alien experiment eye the amulet/compass-looking object. "But why did it activate just then all of a sudden?"

"Maybe-sense-danger." Stitch theorizes.

Dawn looks to the alien on her shoulder. "Because we were about to crash? Possibly." She shifts her gaze back to the mysterious object. "But I can't help but think that's only part of it."

"Ooooooooohhh!"

(End 'Deep Jungle')

A loud animalistic hoot echoes through the thick jungle trees.

"Ahhh! What was that?!" Dylan screams.

It sounds like whoever or whatever it was was in trouble. And Dawn could never turn from a cry for help.

Shoving her sketchbook and pencils into her bag, she takes off into a sprint in the direction of the cry. Finding that the forest floor level has become a bit thicker to maneuver through, she trades running for tree-climbing and vine swinging. Dylan not exactly keen, but sees no other choice but to hang onto his sister as they swing around. Enjoying the brief sense of freedom that's felt as she and her alien partner swing through the jungle, the both of them eventually pauses on a thick tree branch as they come upon a wide clearing somewhere near a rushing river.

In the clearing, she spies two black panthers corning three baby gorillas and a brightly colored, monkey-like creature.