🖤Ch.17: Defeating the Guardian of the Underworld🖤

(Play 'Olympus Coliseum')

Sora, Donald, Goofy and Stitch have re-entered the safety of the Lobby with Phil. The Dalmatian puppies also left the stands to hide in the Coliseum waiting area the very moment the three-headed gargantuan dog showed up.

"Whew, that was close!" The satyr sighs in relief.

But the spiky haired teen notices their group is one short. "Wait! Where's Dawn?!"

"Oh, no! Don't tell me we left her behind with that monster!" Goofy panics.

Just before the group can dread over the state of their missing friend, their cause for alarm suddenly races through the arena entrance and rejoins them in the vestibule, panting and huffing.

"Dawn!" They all cry out relieved.

"Hey..." She pants. "Sorry for worrying you...but I couldn't just leave this guy behind..." She relinquishes her hold on the unconscious male and lays him on his back in a corner, propping his sword against the wall with respect.

"Is he alright?" Donald asks.

"Nothing broken, miraculously." Dawn responds, looking over the young man. "Still breathing. But it looks like he's just unconscious."

"Hey, kid! How're you able to get him away from Cerberus?" Phil questions, approaching the teenage girl.

"I just...waited for the right moment when it wasn't looking, grabbed him and got the heck out of dodge." Dawn tells half the story, obstinate about keeping her darker abilities a secret to protect both herself and her friends. "Was that massive hound what I think it was?"

"That was Cerberus, guardian of the Underworld. Herc should be able to handle him. But then again, maybe not...This doesn't look good. I hope Herc's okay. I wish I could go in!"

Dawn turns to face Sora. "We have to go back and help." She urges. "He's out there risking his life to stop that thing!"

Sora nods in agreement. "Yeah. The least we can do is back him up."

The Keyblade wielders and their allies head for the arena entrance but Phil calls out to them, stopping them in their tracks.

"Whoa, hey! Kids, you're not entering the arena, are ya?" The satyr asks, questioning the group's sanity. "This ain't some match! This is for real!"

"We're not afraid." Sora remarks. "You can decide if we're hero material or not when we're done."

Phil is reluctant to let them go but is even more reluctant to let Hercules face the giant three-headed dog on his own. "Alright. Careful, kids!"

(End 'Olympus Coliseum')

Everyone hurries back into the Arena just in time to find the muscular hero backed into a corner by Cerberus.

But the beast's ears twitch and straighten up at the sound of the group coming towards him. All three of his heads whip over their shoulder to glower and growl at those who dared interrupt his hunt.

While the two parties ready themselves for the fight ahead, Hercules makes his escape unseen and Phil stands in the stands of the Arena to bear witness.

"Kids, I got two words of advice for you: Attack!"

Wanting to correct the man-goat on his numbering, Dawn objects against doing so, finding that she and her friends have a much, much bigger problem at hand than the satyr's ability to count right.

(Play 'Squirming Evil')

"Here he comes!" Dawn exclaims, warningly.

The fight against the Cerberus was an even more difficult mission than fighting against the stoic swordsman.