🖤Ch.26: Missing Reports & Rematches!🖤

(Play 'Traverse Town')

With a newfound ease in regards to one of their missing friends accounted for–but no longer present–and having seen his capability to fight off the Heartless with his newfound weapon, the Keyblade wielders and their respective parties are quick to find their way to the Small House to reconvene with Leon and the others.

Upon walking through the door, the group is met with a thick, tense silence hanging in the air, but also five more Dalmatian pups.

Two girls and three boys. Dimple, Dilma, Dafydd, Denim and Disco.

Dimple has black-dipped paws with scattered spots of various sizes and a light blue collar.

Dilma has a solid black left ear, a large spot that encompasses her left eye, scattered spots going down the top right corner of her head–ear included–and bright orange collar.

Dafydd has no spots but solid black ears and markings that encompass his legs all the way down to his paws and a bright yellow collar.

Denim wears a dark blue collar and has a large black marking that makes it look like he's wearing white-spotted pants.

Disco wears a white collar covered in reflective square tiles with a miniature disco ball hanging from the front. He has black sock-like markings on all four legs and has scattered spots on his body and head. His left ear is black with white spots, while his right ear is white with black spots.

Expressions of seriousness are worn on everyone's face. Even Promto's happy-go-lucky attitude isn't spared and an uncharacteristic frown is plastered across his face.

"What is it? Is everything alright?" Dawn inquires, noting that whatever has got them all quiet and on-edge has to be serious.

Cid is the first to break the silence. "You guys ever hear of Maleficent? I hear she's in town."

A harsh but brief twinge of pain rips through Dawn's head like a hot knife. But she steels herself as to not let anyone onto her uncontrollable precognitive ability. She's never had that level of a reaction from any sort of recollection on her part. So whoever this 'Maleficent' character is, she must be very important.

"Who is she?" Sora asks, completely in the dark as to why just speaking this woman's name drives a dark cloud over a room.

"A witch, man! She's a witch!" Cid clarifies, gruffly, obviously having some form of history with the woman in question.

"She's the reason this town is full of Heartless. Don't take her lightly." Leon adds.

"Countless Worlds have been lost to the darkness because of her." Gladio goes on.

"Ours included." Ignis states, solemnly.

"She's been using the Heartless for years." Aerith explains.

"One day, a swarm of Heartless took over our world!" Cid continues.

"That was nine years ago. Our World finally fell to complete darkness two years later. I'm still amazed that it wasn't swallowed immediately."

"Why do you think that was?" Dawn couldn't help but ask.

"The townsfolk often believed we had an unseen savior that staved off the darkness and protected us. But they disappeared all of a sudden, which left our home vulnerable." Aerith elaborates.

"I got out of that mess and came here with these guys." Cid motions to Leon and Aerith.

"Nine years back...That seems to be the starting point for when everything started to go wrong in the Worlds." Prompto speaks his piece. "Fight our way out of one battle and win, just to end up in another only to lose big time."