// Chapter 27 //

today was my chirstmas party and i've been preparing all day. Decorations hung from the walls and the tree was put up.

i put out the food and lit the tree. then, i heard a knock on the door. "babe, it's luke." i walked over and to the door. when i opened it, i gave luke a hug and a kiss.

"so, would you like some help?" he wiggled his eyebrows and i laughed. "can you hang up those lights?" he said pointing to the pile of tangled lights.

he walked over to the pile of lights that lied on the couch. next to it, he looked at a picture.

it was my bestfriend. her name was hannah and we'd known each other from the age of 2 up until she passed away just a year ago. it was such a terrible thought and i never talked about her much.

"she's really pretty." luke said. "she was."
- - - -
nearly all the people i invited were here. all my friends including ashton and harry (though we had only met through luke).

My friends Annie and her boyfriend of 4 years Austin showed up. They sat in the back and i could see them pointing at luke and i whilst i was holding his hand.

ashton, luke, and i stood in the back drinking a soda and talking. we talked about a lot of things, even calum. even his name makes me cringe.

i actually have never hated anyone more than calum. he is irritating and irrational and i could strangle him. out of all the people in the world, why did i have to meet him.

"you know, he's not such a bad person. we used to be great friends in really small." ashton said.

ashton was a cool guy. he'd graduated before us and was 20. when you look at him you think he's wild and rebellious, but he's not. he's sweet and kind and he'd make a nice boyfriend-- but i'd never think of him in that way after knowing all of his deep, dark secrets.

so we continued to talk until everyone left an it was just luke, ashton and i.

(a/n:)
IM WATCHING HIMYM AND ITS SO SWEET AND I LOVE LILY AND MARSHALL AWE

chapter 28 question :
do you love someone?

- ashley xx