// Chapter 23 //

Jason and i talked for about an hour or so about the most random things: video games, food, etc. he was one of the funniest guys i'd ever met.

"i like your whole 'punk rock' look." he said admiring my out fit. "so this is why you broke up with me," the door to the front of the coffee shop slammed shut, "so, i was a test drive i assume. you were so unsure if you were gay that you used me just to make sure. well that's fucking swell." luke's eyes were puffy and red. "i-i"

"you what?" Luke screamed causing everyone to look. Jason stood up, "i think i'm going to go..." luke walked over, "no enjoy your lovely date." he turned away and i could hear him murmur the word "bastard". under his breath.

"so, that's your ex, huh?" ben looked at luke as he walked away, "how does a person break up with him?"

"maybe that person thought they didn't deserve happiness. maybe that person was so in love that he knew it wouldn't work out. maybe that person knew luke deserved someone better." i sighed and Jason looked blankly at me. "michael, i shouldn't be getting involved seeing as you it looks like you two have unfinished business, but seeing as you are so nice and kind, i believe you deserve happiness."

- - - -
Today was my 19th birthday and all i could think about was luke. harry just planned to meet me at the movies to watch mocking jay. i've never read the books, as you can tell i'm not a book person.

hopefully it'll be a good day. I haven't had enough of those recently.

- - - -

harry and i walked to the car. "so, where's luke?" i scratched my head. "we, um, broke up." he lifted an eyebrow and i shrugged. "i guess he just didn't like me." Harry put his hand on my shoulder and i sighed.

i checked my phone to see the multiple "happy birthday" messages. it was about 1:30 P.M and i could feel my stomach rumble. "wanna go out and eat?"

"i just want to go by myself." i smiled and harry went to his car. "see you tomorrow?" i nodded a "yes" and waved good bye.

if i'm being honest, all i really want for my birthday is luke. sadly, i don't think that's going to happen.

(a/n:)
i'm tired and it was my birthday yesterday.
is this long enough btw?
also, i'm a day late on posting this so sorry!

chapter 24 question:
Where were you born?

- ashley xx