Like blazing hot liquid, i felt another tear glide down my face. Fuck, I've wept more in the past fifteen minutes than i have in my entire life. I huffed out a thick breath, and pulled over to the school, using my free hand to wipe away the lone tear before more had a chance to come. Not wanting to depress Evie i picked up some shades, to veil my clearly puffy eyes.

As if on Que the school bell rang, and not a minute after toddlers ran out to embrace their parents. It was a rather heartwarming display and having to watch it had me thinking things i hoped i wouldn't.

I climbed out of my car and began walking to the school. There were kids at every corner i turned to but, Evie was nowhere in sight. Six minutes went by and my baby still hadn't come out.

I was now growing anxious and worried unable to stand in one spot for more than an instant. I'm seriously hoping this all spins out to be one stupid misunderstanding.

"Genevieve?" A deep very familiar voice uttered from behind. Dread rushed through me like an electricity bolt as realization sunk in. My body went rigid and i couldn't bring myself to turn around.
This.can't.be.happening.to.me.right.now. Of all the days, of all the places, and of all the people it had to be now, here, and him?

I felt my hands begin to shake and my heart pound straight out of my chest. As much as i wanted to awkwardly face into oblivion, i gathered up whatever ounce of courage i had and faced him. When i did it was like the world stopped.

Who i was met with was completely different from the man i knew five years ago and it took almost everything i had not to ogle at how attractive he had become. 

This upgraded asshole stood before me perfect in nearly every way like i had customized him myself. Despite his undeniable attractiveness, his vibrant brown orbs drew me in.

Resembling tiny shiny pools of obsidian rocks, gleaming on the other side like a reflective mirror. I just couldn't help not starring. Besides the obvious, something had changed about the man before me.

My eyes trailed down his body so slow, you'd think i was searching for a flaw. He was wearing a navy blue Armani suit but despite the layers, it held you could still vividly see the bulging muscles which hid underneath. 

I snatched my eyes away from him and looked at everything but. His expression never fell as i struggled to keep a straight face. It almost pissed me off how unfazed he was by the sight of me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked formally, as though he had never left, As though the prying feeling in my stomach wasn't there at all.

Ignoring the question, he just stared at me. At first, it didn't faze me much but then it got really intense. I started feeling uneasy and insecure under his eyes. When he saw how uncomfortable i felt he spoke up.

"I'm here to-" 

"Dimitrius!" 

I looked behind and a gorgeous blonde woman was walking towards us, shouting his name. She seemed really familiar, but was too far away for me to make out her face.

That moment of uncertainty didn't last long as i quickly recognized who the hell she was, Amelia O'Neil.

'oh hell no' I thought to myself.

Before i had a chance to react, Evie came running out with the little girl i saw her with earlier today. I walked towards her as she ran into my arms, the other child running straight past me. Evie was an adorable mess. There was paint all over her jeans and she had grass in her hair which i carefully took out.

"Hi sweetie, you look like you had a lot of fun today! How was your first day?" I said smirking

"we pwainted bunnies, dther was games/sweeping and i mwade a fwend!" She spoke so fast that you could sense she was out of breath but, her excitement brought a smile to my face.

"You made a friend? What's her name?" Her eyes beamed brightly and she ran behind me.

Evie ran towards her friend while yelling her name. The little girl ran towards her and they both stated...

"This is Jewel/evie!" 

I was about to speak when yours truly beat me to it, crouching down to get a better view of the girls.

This already scares me endlessly.

"Hi, there Evie I'm Dimitri so you and jewel are friends?" Dimitri spoke delicately like he didn't want to scare her off. 

"Yeah!! Jools my bwestie!" Her enthusiastic reply made jewel giggle, bringing a simper to even Dimitris's stoic face. 

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. You both look like you enjoyed yourselves today. Did you?" He asked smiling.

That resulted in them both shouting out what they had done with each other. He was a natural at this whole parenting thing but, it had me wondering who jewel was to him.

Am i a horrible person for hoping she wasn't who i assumed she was to him?-probably.

"Dimitrius we've got to get really for your four o'clock." Amelia announced irritated.

How the hell did this bitch over here bag a job with him? It can't possibly be because she's got brains, so what could he possibly want from her besides wanting to contract an STD.

I need to leave before i lose the little dignity i have left. I'm praying to whatever god is out there that i never see this man's face again. Shit, can't i catch a break.

"We've gotta go anyway," I stated blatantly, reaching for Evie's hand."Jewel sweetie it was very nice to meet you!" She quickly waved and i smiled brightly. I didn't say anything to Dimitri nor Amelia as i walked away, but fumes were furiously coming out my ears.

I just need to beat her ass one lousy time.

* * * * * * *