Chapter 10

Niall's POV

A week later, my strength has returned full force and I refuse to fall into Little Niall, no matter how hard the boys push. I know they worry, I know it's hard for them. It only makes sense. But it's hard for me too. And I can be more stubborn than them.

Tonight is a show night, so the boys are trying to convince me to nap but I'm not going for it.

"C'mon Niall, just a small nap," Harry pleads, "I'll even take it with you."

But I'm not falling for it. I know the boys have methods to trick me into Little Niall- particularly if I give into a nap.

"I'm good." I'm short with them.

"How about a movie?" Louis tries, but I know that trick like the back of my hand- a movie will make me sleepy and then they'll coax me into a nap.

"How about you all leave me alone?" I ask, going back to reading my book on the couch.

The boys sigh and head to the back of the bus- probably to regroup. It's half past 3 and the concert starts at 7 with us going on at 8pm. We'll head to the arena for half past 5 for a sound check, dinner and other prep before we go on stage.

I have no intention of falling into Little Niall anytime soon- it's too close to concert time to go in and come out without a sort of whiplash- something the boys can't understand. And maybe, something I don't want them to.

—-

About half way through the concert, I start to feel it- the exhaustion. And I regret not listening to the boys earlier about that nap but again, I'm being stubborn and won't tell anyone. I know my performance isn't what's normally, but I hope none of the boys notice.

After the concert, I hobble off stage and back to the dressing room on my crutches. I want a shower and bed. Zayn seems to have other ideas.

"Boys, I say since Niall's doing so well, we have a lads night out!"

It's the last thing I want, but I agree and as the boys work out the details, I shower. When I'm done, most of the rest are ready and it's been decided where we'll go-some small club on the other side of town. I just roll with it.

In the car, I'm forced to sit in my booster seat- even as Big Niall there are some things I can't escape. I don't fight it, and settle in for the drive.

I don't know when I doze off but I must've snuck in a small nap because the next thing I hear is "Alright lads! We're here, you all know the rules," as Liam slips out of the car.

Looking at the crowd, I decide it's too much, so I pull on Louis' sleeve before he gets out. With one look he knows what I want, what I need and he doesn't get out. Instead he motions the lads on and directs the driver to take us to the bus.

At the bus, Louis helps me up the stairs and waves goodbye to the driver. I'm a little more than focused on making sure I don't fall so I don't wave goodbye.

In the bus, Louis hits the remote and the shades go down as I flop myself on the sofa. "What do you need baby?" Louis asks as he sits across from me.

"Cuddle?" I ask in my semi-baby voice.

Louis smiles the biggest smile and pulls me in for a quick hug before wandering to the back of the bus for my pjs and some blankets. I figure he'll let us stay up watching a movie before he puts me to bed.

And that's exactly the case when he dresses me in my green onesie and grabs my pacy and a bottle to settle in on the couch. Louis hold me close while feeding me the bottle, stroking my hair as we listen to Toy Story. I'm not focused on the movie, instead I watch Louis' face.

Halfway through the movie, an overwhelming sadness traps me. Louis must recognize it because he pulls my bottle out and asks what's wrong.

"I'm sorry I ruined your night," I blubber into his chest.

"Oh baby, you didn't ruin anything, I promise. The other lads can enjoy their hangovers tomorrow, I get to enjoy some quality time with my baby tonight instead." Louis hushes me, pushing back my hair as he speaks.

I calm down and accept his reasoning as he continues with my bottle and some more shushing, but deep down, I feel so insecure about it all.

The next morning, I realize I must've dozed off in Louis' arms. I'm swatted in my bed, pacy still in my mouth and I feel so good and snuggly. I don't want it to end, so I don't make a peep, just enjoying my snuggly warmth.

It's probably an hour later when I hear Harry stir. I know it's him because of the groans of a hangover. I wait for him to check on me, which he does when he gets up and I giggle at him.

"Are you a giggly boy today baby?" Harry stage-whispers to me. I jut give a toothy grin from behind my pacy and motion to be held.

Harry lifts me from my bunk with ease and we settle on the couch to cuddle some more. We must doze off yet again because the next thing I hear is Zayn's camera shutter and a series of awes.

I want to roll my eyes but don't. Only two more shows of tour and then we're done! I can last that long in our rolling home I tell myself. Even if I'm living with a bunch of goofs. 

A/N: Sorry it's not that long! Needed some filler though ;) So hope you enjoyed the cuddles before I take y'all on a roller coaster! Hit that vote or comment button to tell me what you think!