Chapter 9

A/N: Sorry for going AWOL, but I'm BACK! And my city has quartered from all this virus nonsense so I got nothing but time on my hands. Get ready for this story to start moving! Also, 63K reads! I love y'all! Can we get some traction going over on my new story 'Ana's Angels'? I'll aim to update at least once a week on both while I've got the time! I know this is short but I thought y'all deserved a sneak peek for what's to come. 

Niall's POV

Today they decide to release me- my counts have returned to an acceptable level. I smile the biggest grin ever at the news. And decide to go back to Big Niall so I can tease the boys some and have a bit of fun as we pack up to leave. I even hobble around the room some, stretching my legs.

I'm in such a good mood, I can't help but ask, "Can we go out for dinner before we go back to the hotel?"

I even use puppy eyes, and Zayn- who pulled the night shift last night, agrees wholeheartedly. And I can't help but start doing a little dance, just so happy for once. I figure someone slipped me some antidepressants, but I don't even care. If antidepressants feel this good, I'll take them daily.

I help Zayn pack up while we wait on the others and my discharge papers. Somehow the paps haven't found us probably thinking we were on a three day party binge, not a hospital binge (Haha- note my sarcasm on that one). And so the boys pull up in a rented Range Rover and we head for a restaurant on the shore.

-

The fresh air does wonders for me. Harry, Louis and I even manage to sneak off and stick our toes in the cool Atlantic waters next to the restaurant while Liam and Zayn handle the bill. The sun setting over the Atlantic is such a nice sight. My jeans are rolled up and Louis is helping me stay upright admit the waters and sand but nothing can get my mood down.

That is, until I hear the click of a camera.

But, when I turn around, we're alone on the beach and the camera is Zayn's. I smile a cheesy grin for him, even though I know he probably preferred the artistic shots he was getting when our backs were turned.

We goof off for a bit, Zayn and Liam taking turns getting some pictures of us and it feels absolutely thrilling and freeing. I think the boys can tell because their grins are as big as saucers.

All too soon though, our time is up and we're being called back to the car by security. And we go back to the hotel rooms the boys had gotten while I was in the hospital. Generously, Liam gives up his queen bed to me and takes the sleeper sofa.

The boys actually let me shower on my own, minus of course Louis sitting in the bathroom in case I slip, and it's glorious for uplifting my mood. For once, I get to massage my head the way I want and I get to scrub my face and the rest of my body of the hospital smell without a wash cloth but with my nails scratching all the right places. I love it, even if Louis towel dries me off when I get out.

I pick flannel pajama pants and a plain t-shirt for pajamas and we snuggle up for the night watching a movie in Harry and I's bedroom. It's a new beginning, I can just feel it.