A Bond Made

Iwame's eyes glittered at the beautiful pin and how intricately designed it was, she pressed the pin over her breast and smiled at Setsu.

"You make my heart happy, I am very glad to have you here with me at this time." she said.

Setsu's brow scrunched a bit, "you don't have ladies in waiting? What about an older female relative?" Setsu asked. It was unusual for a high born noble not to have an older female relative staying with a soon-to-be bride.

"I only have my dearest brother left, it's only the two of us. But..."

Iwame reached for Setsu's hand and gently squeezed it.

"Now I also have you."

A strange feeling inside her stirred, somehow she understood. It was loneliness, something Setsu has struggled with for years but never really had the chance to tell anyone, then she met Hinowa. The brilliant sun in her dreary life, like a warm ray that melted the ice wall around her heart, Setsu was back to the girl she was after the first tragedy on her life.

Then, a smiled quirked the young woman's lips and squeezed the noble lady's hand back.

No words were exchanged, just a comforting touch of another lonely soul was enough to know that a strong unbreakable bond was forged between the two.