Working Girls

Hinowa was not happy when she was turned away by the guards when she appeared on the castle gates asking to see their Lord. It had been a few days since they arrived and settled in Kyoto and it was nothing like she had ever expected and imagined, Setsu found a job in the Physician's as his attendant.

She luckily found a job too, the farmer who helped her had introduced her to one of his customers, the owner of a teahouse just a few houses from the Physician's, Hinowa was skilled in making tea and everyday was a breeze for her.

"Working hard as usual, dear?"

She turned and smiled as she wiped the cups down with a rag, "I have to, we're gonna open soon after all." she replied to her new Mistress, Magami who was a kind elderly woman.

"My, it really is lucky I have an extra pair of hands to help me. Come, have some sweets."

Magami placed a plate piled with mitarashi dango on the table, Hinowa's eyes widened in delight.

"You're the best Ami-san! Would you mind if I give some to Setsuna as well?" Hinowa asked, Magami chuckled, "Of course, after you're done preparing and eating I can open up shop alone, you go and deliver her share. I can manage."

Hinowa hugged her in delight.

"Feeling better now?" Setsu asked a young boy as she changed the cloth on his forehead, he smiled and nodded.

"Much better, Setsu-nee. I can't wait to see what Sensei thinks!" he replied, "you've been a good, obedient boy during your stay here. I think you might me able to come home tomorrow morning." Setsu said as she pulled his quilt higher.

The boy's eyes twinkled and he sighed, snuggling further on the sheets.

"I miss my Mother and Father, I miss home."

In the moments she touched his cheek gently, a sad smile on her lips.

"Yeah, me too."