A Different Fire

As they reached the edge of the forest, Setsu was greeted by a fuming Tatsuya. He grabbed her palms and stared at the dried blood on her skin, "you utter little fool." he hissed. She glared at him and pulled her hands away, "I don't need you to lecture me right now, MY LORD." She said while walking away from him, he grabbed her wrist.

"And where do you think you're going?" he asked, "do I need your permission to check on my friend? Or are you gonna fuck off before I break your wrist?" she glared at him over her shoulder, he fumed when she turned away from him, pulled her wrist off his grasp and marched off to Hinowa.

"Hey." Setsu said as she kneeled in front of a shivering Hinowa, "you OK?" Setsu asked, Hinowa sobbed and threw her arms around Setsu's shoulders. "I was so scared... I thought we were all gonna die."

Setsu shushed her and rubbed comforting circles on her back, "it's gonna be ok, we are gonna get through this." a small smile quirked her lips as she felt Hinowa nodded against her neck.

Tatsuya's blood was boiling over when she pulled her wrist free from his grasp, "She's quite uncouth, Tatsuya. You choose the wrong woman to fancy."

He turned to glare at his best friend who was leaning against a tree, he was laughing and it only fanned the flames of Tatsuya's wrath.

"Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll do it for you, Hide." he hissed and stomped off.

Hidenori chuckled, it was quite unusual for a woman to actually hate Tatsuya, women in the Capital were always vying for his attention. Yet one little country girl had the balls to tell him to fuck off, he hid a wide smile behind his sleeve and stared at her profile, her pale face was smudged with dirt and soot, her clothes dirty and a bit askew, and her long braid loosened, yet her eyes as she stared in the fire, held hope and the will to survive. Two things that would usually be the first people lose when they lose everything, it burned and shone brightly behind those dark eyes.

He pushed off the tree and started walking towards Tatsuya's tent, he had to apologize to his best friend and try to lighten his foul mood after all.