Home, at last.

In the days traveling back home Setsu was filled with a flurry of emotions, it was a miracle her journey home this time was safe and quite. Almost too quite, at night she felt strangely unsettled. It felt like someone was watching.... But she would always end up sleeping peacefully throughout the night, wherever she would stop, in the forest, near the riverbank or in an abandoned house she felt another quite presence nearby.

When she reached Aomori her heart was filled with glee, the bustling quite town was livelier than ever and she was greeted with the vendors in the market to the alreadt drunk men gambling outside the gambling den.

"Oyyy Setsuna! You're back." Ibaraki slurred, she took her traveling hat off and smiled at him, "yeah. I'm back, but I have to leave now! I gotta be home before dinner." she said, they all protested and gave up when Satori intervened.

"Give her a break, she just came home... Just drop by anytime soon eh, Tsuna? I think I can finally beat you next time." he said, she chuckled and he gave her a wink.

When she arrived back to the okiya, she took the saddle and reigns off her horse, "thank you for bringing me back home, as a reward I'll give you lots of greens later, OK?" she said while patting it's neck, the horse neighed softly and walked to the stables. Setsu locked the door and hung her saddle and reigns on the side and ran towards Hinowa's chambers.

She knocked and Hinowa's door opened immediately, her friend squealed and Setsu found herself being tackled by a barely clothed Hinowa.

"SETSU! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!" she wailed while constricting Setsu on the floor, Setsu coughed as air was being pushed out her lungs. "H-Hinow—- Can't breathe!!!" she smacked Hinowa's ass firmly and she could breath again. Floaty stars popped behind her eyes and she clutched her chest, "WHAT THE HECK Y—-" before Setsu could even scold her for tackling her with her almost butt naked form Hinowa wailed and soon tears and makeup stained her pretty face and Setsu grimaced, "ugh, look at you. Ruining your makeup, stay still and let me wipe it off." she scolded while holdling Hinowa's chin, she used a small damp cloth near Hinowa's futon and gently wiped the trail of tears on her eyes and cheeks. "I missed you, y'know?" Hinowa whispered.

Setsu's hand stopped and she stared at Hinowa, "I know you would." she replied with a smile on her lips, "you could've left a note, something to at least let me know. Mama was withholding information as usual." Hinowa pouted. Setsu chuckled, "I would if I had the chance, she was practically breathing down my neck while I packed for my trip."

Hinowa pulled Setsu in a hug, "Welcome home, you big dummy. I'm still upset, but I missed you very much so I'm hugging you now."

Setsu's heart flew and she squeezed Hinowa back, "yeah, yeah. I'm back." she replied, her cheeks flushing.

After a few moments they pulled back and Hinowa took Setsu's hands, "you arriving made me very happy for the second time today." she said, Setsu chuckled. "A lot of things make you happy Hinowa."

Her friend took a small note out her obi, "not this happy, remember that young official from the Capital?" she said, Setsu's eyes hardened and Hinowa placed one hand on top of hers to console her.

"He wrote me a letter, telling me he wanted to see me again, soon. Maybe this spring during the Festival."

A frown crinkled Setsu's brow, "I'm not so sure you should meet him again." Hinowa shook her head, "I promise! I won't foolishly be bewitched again! This time he will be the one tasting tears of rejection!"

Setsu chuckled and placed a hand on Hinowa's cheek, her eyes soft as her friend's determination. "Ok if you say so."

They continued their usual routine, immediately returning back to normal....

Unbeknownst to both females a dark clad ninja hopped down from the shades of the trees and turned around.

"I cannot believe the Great General's daughter was safely hidden a place like this all these years.."

And as a soft breeze flew he disappeared, melting back into the shadows of the forest.