Mama's girls

The days following Hinowa's recovery from her heartbreak had been one of the most stressful times for Setsu, she felt like she was constantly walking on eggshells. Mama knew about it a few days later and she had been gentle with chiding Hinowa for spreading a dark, oppressive aura in the okiya. How she found out about the incident, Setsu never found out how, but nevertheless she was thankful Mama who was usually so blunt and straightforward had been kind to a hurting Hinowa.

"No man deserves your tears, dear one. Save them for when you're truly happy or when someone's dead or dying, I need you to be strong again, Hinowa." Mama said to a puffy eyed Hinowa when she was summoned to Mama's room, Setsu patiently waited outside and sighed in relief when Hinowa opened the door with a small smile on her lips. It was the first time she smiled in days? Two weeks?

"Should I prepare you for your client today? Tenjin-san has been worried about you." Setsu said, Hinowa flipped her dark hair over her shoulder. "Yes please, I want to look ravishing tonight." she said, the twinkle on her eyes slowly returning. She gave Setsu a wink and walked towards the direction of her room, once she was out of earshot Mama chuckled, "you are hopeless, Setsuna. If I were you I would've told her how I felt a long time ago." Mama said while puffing on her kiseru, Setsu glared at her.

"As long as she's happy that's enough for me." She spat venomously, Mama chuckled, "if I were you, I'd start looking for a man strong enough to handle that attitude of yours."

Feeling the vein on her head throb in anger she stood up and turned, "no such man exists, I myself know better, I learned from the very best after all." she said with a small smile. Mama puffed on her pipe and blew a steady puff of air, her eyes steady on Setsu's back.

"That's my girl."