Relief

Setsu poked Hinowa's cheek as she stared at her dazed friend, "oy, can you hear me silly woman?" Setsu asked as she pinched Hinowa's cheek who turned to her in response, "ah, finally you're back. I was almost tempted to splash water on your face." Setsu said while standing up, "you have a full schedule today, I'm worried about you, you've been dazed and somewhat preoccupied for the past few days."

Hinowa's cheeks flushed, "I-I have something very important to tell you, but please... Please don't tell anyone." she said in a quite voice, Setsu observed her friend's mannerisms and sat back down, "hey... it's alright, I'm willing to listen, I won't judge you. I promise." she said while taking her friend's hand. Hinowa gave her hand a small squeeze, "remember the high ranking official from the Capital I had dinner with a last week?" She asked, Setsu nodded and waited. "You see... he's been the only client I had, no.. The only client I wanted to be with for the past week, Tsu-chan. I think... I think.. I really really adore him."

In that moment an old wound started to tear her heart open, and the reality of Hinowa never realizing how she feels for her caused a tiny ache to throb in her chest. But nevertheless, she smiled at her friend. "Then why do you look so scared? Knowing that you love someone is not something you should be afraid of." Setsu said as she squeezed her friend's hand firmly. "You are clumsy and hopeless when you're alone, but you try very hard to prove your worth, and you are beautiful. That man would be a fool to not like a woman like you."

Overcome by relief and joy Hinowa hugged Setsu tightly, she cried and cried. "I was so scared to tell you, I've never felt so relieved! Thank you, Tsu." she rubbed her forehead on Setsu's shoulder, Setsu chuckled and rubbed her hands down her friend's shoulders in comforting circles, "whatever happens, I will always, always support you." she said while leaning her head against Hinowa's. They stayed that way for a while, and when Hinowa pulled back her eyes were slightly puffy. Setsu glared at her and wiped the tears on her cheeks, "I'm not allowing you to meet that man with those hideous lids. Stay here, I'll fetch you some cold water for the swelling." she said while giving Hinowa one last reassuring pat, "tonight, I'll make sure you look so beautiful that the moment he sees you he's going to want to take you right then and there."

The entirety of Hinowa's face bursted into flames and she giggled and tucked her hair back her pink ear, something she would usually do when she's truly flustered.

"Th-Thank you Tsu, I think I would like that very much." She replied, her mind wandering for the hundredth time again to the teasing smile of the man that occupied most of her thoughts lately.