First Snow

Deft hands tied an intricate knot on Hinowa's obi, Setsu nodded in approval and straightened up from the floor. "There, that should do it." she said as she tugged the hem on her kimono down, "you know, it wouldn't do if you tie the knots so tightly, my customers would have a hard time taking it off." she said jokingly, Setsu glared pointedly at her.

"My job is to make sure you look damn good for them, how they undress you is not my problem." she snapped, Hinowa giggled and touched Setsu's forehead, "always so stiff, I'm sorry... I won't joke about it again."

When Hinowa left to meet with her client, Setsu found herself with one of those rare occasions where she had too much free time in her hands. Grabbing her parasol and haori, she decided to pay a visit to the temple, it's been too long since she thanked the gods and asked for help. It was so cold and the skies were gray when she reached the edge of the crowded town, she took in the unchanging forest that she used to run off to when Mama scolded her when she was younger...

Just a bit further and she saw the familiar red torii arch that proudly stood on the top of steep steps, she started climbing and shivered as a soft cold breeze blew. When she reached the topmost steps she immediately sought the warmth of the temple and it's rows of still burning incense sticks, she took out three bronze coins from her tiny pouch and walked to the large wooden offering box.

Throwing the coins in she clapped twice and bowed her head in prayer, 'it's been too long since I prayed and asked for blessings, so please, please hear my prayers. I'm praying that you grant both Hinowa's wishes and mine.'

When she finished praying, Setsu's lips quirked to a small smile as snow gently floated down to the earth. "Well how about that?" she chuckled and opened her parasol, "maybe someone really is listening to the prayers of both believers and skeptics."