Chapter 25

KAITLYNN

The next morning we sat at the breakfast table and Pansy was going on about another guy she was into. I've stopped paying attention and was mindlessly picking at my food. Everything going on around me these days where beginning to eat at me.

Things with Harry, with Ron and of course Draco.

I sighed and propped my elbow on the table, leaning my cheek on my hand. My sleeve fell down to my elbow.

"What is that?" I heard Draco ask. I looked up and saw he was glaring at me. "What's what?" I asked confused. He leaned across the table and snatched my wrist in his, bringing it to his face and studying the blueish marks made by Ron's fingers.

"Oh." I said, a blush creeping up to my cheeks.

His eyes met mine. "What happened?" He asked softly. Pansy looked in between us shocked and her eyes landed on where he held my wrist. I cleared my throat awkwardly and brought my wrist back to my own body, taking it out of Draco's grasp.

"Nothing." I said softly, hiding my wrist under the table.

"Tell me Kate!" He demanded, making me jump. I sighed and traced the bruises on my wrist. "It was nothing really. He was just angry because of my brake up with Harry." I explained. "Who?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and met his silver ones.

"Draco it doesn't matter!" I argued. "It does if he hurt you!" Draco said.

"It was Ron okay? But I sort it out myself-." Before I could finish my sentence, Draco was up and storming towards the Gryffindor table. Blaze stumbled up from his seat as well and followed Draco carefully.

"Oh no." Pansy said watching the two boys storming towards Ron and Harry.

I jumped up from my seat and ran after them. "Draco wait!" I said, but he ignored me. "Draco I'm serious." I called.

As soon as he reached Ron he shoved him off of his chair and sat on top of him. Ron confused, stared up at Draco in shock. Draco raised his fist and without a second thought started punching Ron repeatedly. "Malfoy get off!" Harry yelled defensively.

"Draco stop!" I cried loudly. Just as Harry was about to get involved I turned to Blaze and glared at him. "Are you just going to stand there?" I asked him. "Oh! Right." He said and went to Draco. He wrapped his hands around Draco's shoulder and roughly pulled him off of Ron. "I'll kill you Weasley!" Draco said struggling against Blaze.

"Draco stop it!" I scolded him. His eyes met mine defiantly. "He hurt you!" He said. "He what?" Harry asked shocked at the whole ordeal. By now we had a crowd gathered around us and was staring at us like some sort circus.

"Yeah! Show him the bruises on your wrist Kaitlynn!" Draco commanded, yanking himself out of Blaze's grasp. I rolled my eyes and glared at him. "This is completely unnecessary." I grumbled. Harry grabbed my hands and inspected my wrists, seeing the bruises harshly displayed on my right wrist.

Ron stood behind Harry and glared at me over his shoulder, blood dripping down his nose and onto his white school shirt. I felt kind of bad about it, but I also felt kind of satisfied to know he had been hurt. I scolded myself for thinking that way.

"Harry... Mate she-." Ron started, but Harry turned around and punched Ron square in the jaw, sending him stumbling back and hitting the ground again. "I'm sorry about this." Harry told me and then stormed out of the great hall. Ron stumbled up and ran out behind him. "Harry wait!" He said and both of them disappeared.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say Ron was in love with Potter." Pansy said as all of us stared after them in shock.

I looked back at Draco and saw he was panting and staring at me. "Draco you have to stop doing that!" I said crossing my arms over my chest as soon as the crowd started disappearing.

"It's not his place to hurt you." He grumbled. "I know that. But you can't go around beating everyone up." I said.

"I can if they think they have the right to hurt you." He said. "Is there something going on between you two?" Blaze asked, looking in between both of us. "No!" Me and Draco said at the same time.

"If you say so." Pansy sang walking back to the Slytherin table to finish her breakfast.

"Yeah. You two need to sort your shit out." Blaze said, following Pansy.

Me and Draco stood there glancing at each other awkwardly. "Thank you." I said suddenly, making him look up to me in surprise.

"uhm for what?" He asked. "For standing up for me. Even if you did it with violence." I said. He smiled and bit his lip. "I don't like it when people hurt you, Kate." He said. And then he sighed and looked at the ground in defeat. "Which is why I need you to stay away from me from now on." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Tomorrow everything changes and I want you to stay in your room okay? Don't even go to school." He said. My eyes widened. I shook my head. "Draco I-." He cut me off by grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the great hall.

He pressed me against the wall and boxed me in with his hands on either side of me. "Promise me, that you'll stay in your room tomorrow, Kate." He said in a husky voice.

I gulped and felt my pulse spike as his eyes met mine in an intense stare.

"Why Draco?" I asked softly.

"Promise me, that no matter what you see or what you hear you'll stay in your room." He said. I started to get scared then. A million different things started to swim around my mind at the possible danger Draco could be in right now.

"Please Draco. Whatever it is don't do it." I said suddenly. I wanted him to be safe and with me. I didn't want him in this situation that was obviously more dangerous then he let on. Aspecially when he's telling me to stay in my room.

"I have to." He said. Our faces were inches from each other and our breaths mingled together as we locked eyes. "Just tell me what it is." I demanded. "I can't. It'll only put you in danger." He said. "How?" I asked. "Because then you'll try to stop me." He said.

His fingertips traced the skin on my cheek as he studied my face with a pain filled look on his own. "After tomorrow you'll hate me." He said softly. And it wasn't even a question. It was like he was stating a fact.

I stood on my toes and leaned up, pressing my lips against his. He sighed and leaned into me. Our lips moved roughly against each other's and I could feel he was shaking.

I pulled away and he leaned his head on mine. Both of us were breathing heavily and his hands were gripping onto my waist as if he was afraid I'll disappear if he let go.

"I already hate you, Draco." I said with a smirk. He chuckled and placed a small peck on my head.

"Just stay in your room tomorrow Kate." He said.

And with that he walked away, leaving me completely baffled.

What the hell was going to happen tomorrow that had him this rattled?