Chapter 8

KAITLYNN

Later that night I met up with Harry in Myrtle's bathroom and smiled as his eyes lit up when he saw me. "Hey." I said as he pulled me in for a kiss. Our lips met and a calm feeling settled over me.

His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me against his body and I wrapped my fingers through his hair. As his fingers traced the naked skin on my hip I wondered why I didn't feel any tingles the way I felt when Draco touched me.

My eyes snapped open as I realised what I was thinking. What the hell?! Did I just compare Harry with Malfoy?!

I slowly pulled away from Harry and watched as his face turned into one of confusion. "What's wrong?" He asked taking my hand in his. I laced our fingers together, trying to get the same tingle from him so I could calm my traitorous thoughts down.

"Harry. Why are you with me?" I asked suddenly. His eyes widened in shock of my question. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Exactly what I'm asking." I said shrugging. He smiled then and pulled me closer to him.

"Youre smart." He said kissing the tip of my nose. I giggled and scrunched up my nose. "You're incredibly cute." He said kissing my temple. "You're funny." Kiss. "You're kind." Kiss. "You have an irresistible laugh." Kiss. "And you always smell like coco butter." He said. I laughed and playfully shoved him away from me. "Really? Coco butter?" I asked thinking of the shampoo I always use.

He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist. "And why are you with me?" He asked. My eyes widened as my mind turned blank. I opened my mouth to get something out of it before he thought badly about the situation when we were interrupted.

"What is the meaning of this?" A voice boomed through the empty bathroom.

Harry and I jumped apart and looked to find professor McGonagall glaring at us from the doorway of the bathroom. Oh no. Weve been caught.

"Professor, I can explain." Harry said but was cut off by a raised hand from her. "I do not want nor need an explanation Mr. Potter. However! I will see you and Miss Graham at detention for the next week and 20 points will be deducted from both houses!" She scolded. I cringed as I cost our house another 20 points. They're going to kill me.

"We're sorry professor." I said shamefully.

"If I ever catch you two in here together past curfew I will see to it that this leads to expulsion!" She snapped. I frowned, knowing that this was the last time Harry and I could meet up late at night. I didn't want to risk us both being expelled. "Back to your dormitories! Now." She said and ushered us out of the bathroom. As soon as she disappeared I turned to Harry who had a confused frown etched on his face.

"Whats wrong?" I asked softly as we walked in the direction of the dorms. "How do you think McGonagall caught us?" Harry asked. I frowned. "You're right." I said. And he was. Usually the professors never patrol the school this time of night which is why we chose this time.

"I think she was tipped off. Or asked to come there." He said.

*

The next morning I walked down to the common room ready for breakfast. I was in a really bad mood today because of last night. Harry and I came to an agreement to stop meeting up there to stay out of trouble. And I was really disappointed, but knew it was for the best.

"Well good morning sunshine." Draco said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. "Someone's annoyingly chipper this morning." I grumbled. "I have reason to be." He said, his smirk turning evil. "Let's pretend I care for a moment. What ruined the bad mood you've been sporting this whole week, Malfoy?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Nothing much." He said suggestively. I sighed, bored with the conversation and turned to walk out of the common room.