Chapter 5

KAITLYNN

I sighed heavily as I walked through the halls trying to get to my next class without being shoved into oblivion. I silently panicked as I forgot what type of tea leaf we should have gotten for Divination. It wasn't like me to forget homework at all. And I inwardly blamed myself for being so engrossed in pranking Draco that I had forgotten homework.

I spotted a tall red haired guy a little further in the crowd. "Ron!" I called. He didn't stop or even acknowledge me. "Ron!" I called again. "Ronald Weasley!" I shouted and he stopped dead in his tracks and turned around confused.

I rushed over to him and saw his face grow irritated when he saw it was me. "What?" He snapped. I ignored his hostile tone and smiled at him. "I wanted to know if you remember what kind of tea leaf we were supposed to-." "No. I don't." He answered curtly before he started walking off again. I sighed and walked next to him. "Look I know you don't like me." I started. "What could have possibly given you that idea?" He scoffed as he looked ahead.

"I just want you to know that I really care about Harry." I said. He stopped then and turned to me with a threatening glare. "Don't talk to me about Harry! I have never approved of this stupid little thing you call a relationship." Ron spat. "I know. And I know its because I'm-." "You don't know shit." He spat, cutting me off again.

I sighed and placed my hand on Ron's shoulder. "Can't we just get along-." Suddenly he gripped my wrist in his and shoved me backwards, causing me to stagger back. I expected to hit the ground, but strong hand caught me and pulled me to a hard chest. A familiar scent filled my nose.

I turned around to thank my saviour and saw Draco glaring at Ron.

He pulled me behind him and threateningly looked at Ron with his silver eyes, holding onto my wrist. Tingles erupted from where his slender finders touched my skin. "Don't ever touch her again, Weasel." Draco's voice was low and angry, and I could feel him shake with anger.

"Oh sod off, Malfoy! Take your girlfriend and shag her in the bathroom for all I care. Maybe then shell leave Harry alone." Ron spat, pushing past us and continued on his way. I looked up at Draco curiously and noticed he was still holding onto my wrist.

He realised the same thing and dropped it like my skin had burned him.

We stood there for a moment, staring at each other in confusion. "I'm the only one who gets to hurt you." Draco said after a while as if trying to explain the sudden need to protect me to himself. I rolled my eyes and watched as he walked away, not once glancing back at me.

*

I sighed heavily as I met Harry in the library after school. I haven't told him about what happened with Ron yet and I wasn't sure I wanted to. I didn't want to be the reason why they're fighting and give Ron another reason to hate me. Other than the stupid reason of me being a Slytherin.

I smiled when I saw Harry sitting by the table near the restricted section. His eyes lit up when he saw me and he stood up to pull me in for a hug as soon as I reached him. "Darling." He breathed as he pecked my lips. "I heard what happened with Ron." He said as he looked down into my eyes.

I groaned and stepped away from him. "Who told you?" I asked. "Neville." He admitted. I sighed. Damn that little snitch. "He was there when it happened." He continued. I shrugged and felt him lace his fingers with mine. "Do you want me to talk to him?" Harry asked. I looked into his eyes and saw that he was hoping I would say no.

I gave him a tight smile. "No. That won't be necessary." I said. I saw him visibly relax. He pulled me in for another hug and rested his chin on my head. "Neville also told me that he saw Malfoy stand up for you against Ron. What's up with that?" he asked. Damn you Neville Longbottom! "I don't really know." I answered truthfully. "It was probably because Ron shoved me. Draco has never really liked it when someone hurt me." I said.

Harry tensed up as I said that, but kept me in his embrace. "Why?" He asked. I pulled away from Harry and studied his face. He looked upset and I couldn't put my finger on why. "We were friends once Harry. And us Slytherins look out for each other. Whether we like each other or not." I said pointedly and sat down at the table. "Now come on and let's finish this Herbology essay will you. I don't want you skidding by your arse this year again." I finished the conversation.

*

DRACO

I paced around my dorm room irritated as usual. I couldn't get the fact that he touched her that way out of my head. I wanted to squeeze his ratty little throat until he stopped breathing. I wanted to bash his face in until it was as red as his grassy hair.

I groaned and fell down onto bed and stared up at the ceiling. Why in the name of Merlin was I feeling like this? I hate her don't I? So why would I care if someone hurts her?

"Because I'm the only one who gets to do it." I said to myself. No one else has the right to hurt Kaitlynn Graham, but me.

I heard a shattering noise downstairs in the common room and I immediately ran down to inspect what it was. It was one o clock in the bloody evening so who would be up this late? I rounded the corner and saw Kaitlynn picking up the flowers that was scattered on the floor.

My eyebrows furrowed. What was she doing up?

I debated coming out of the shadows and asking her, but I stopped myself, realising that this could be my chance to figure out where she was sneaking off to. So I shrank back and waited for her to leave. After she picked up all the horrible smelling flowers she snuck out of the common room.

I waited a couple of moments and then followed, making sure I stayed back a couple feet so she wouldn't notice me following her. She made her way through the halls silently, rushing up the steps and turning corners after making sure there was no one there. And I was two steps behind her. Watching her every move like a hawk. Theres no way she's getting away with dropping dragon dung on me in the common room. So to punish her, I'd have to put a stop to her nightly sneaking out.

Finally we made it to... Moaning Myrtles bathroom? I scrunched my nose up in confusion and watched as she snuck inside.

I waited a couple of moments to see if she came out. But after fifteen minutes of waiting I grew restless and advanced towards the bathroom. As I neared the door a soft moan reached my ears. And I hated to admit it, but it sounded like heaven in my ears. And I knew it was her voice. Blood rushed through my veins and I felt myself get cold as I realised she must be in there with someone.

I poked my head through the door and felt my mind racing as her porcelain skin came into view. She was lying on her back on top of a blanket, completely naked. Her soft skin caught my attention as she shivered delightfully. Her head fell back and she let out another soft moan that sent a rush of pleasure coursing through my body. But that immediately turned into disgust as I saw a hand caress her endless legs. Potter.

Rage flooded through me as I spun around and marched back to my dorm with furious emotions rushing around in my head. That's where she's been sneaking off to. The filthy little traitor was spreading her legs for him.

Whore! How dare she betray Slytherin like this?! I cringed at myself as I tried convincing myself that I was angry merely because she was betraying our house and NOT because she betrayed me.

I didn't know what was going on in my head at the moment, but I did know I needed to put a stop to this late night booty calls of theirs.

I stalked into the common room and into my room, deciding that the next time they meet up I would be there to ruin their little rendezvous. Only because I wanted to get her back for the dragon dung. Nothing else.