Chapter 21

DRACO

I was sitting in the astronomy tower with Blaze. I was reading a book about Jupiter and he was rambling on about something I didn't care about. I wish I could find someone to read with like I used to do with Kaitlynn.

I felt lost these days. Lost without her there to find me. After that little spat we had in the hall the other day she hasn't spoken to me. And I didn't blame her. But that's what I wanted to happen. She couldn't be close to me anymore. It was too dangerous.

Granted, I didn't know she would slap me, but it seemed like she was just as shocked as I was about it. And then she said it. Those familiar words we loved spewing at each other now and again. She hates me. And that's the way it had to be.

"So did you hear about Potter and Graham?" Blaze asked, throwing a ball into the air and lazily catching it again.

My ears perked at the mention of her.

"What about them?" I asked, trying to seem uninterested.

"They broke up yesterday." He said. "And today I saw him in the halls with the Weasley girl." He continued.

My heart picked up its pace. Did she leave him? And if she did was it because of me?

Did she leave Potter... the chosen one for me? Draco Malfoy. The boy who meant nothing to anyone.

I abruptly stood up and started walking out of the tower. "Where are you heading?" Blaze asked.

"I'm going somewhere quiet to read where you won't bother me with un-interesting chatter." I spat and rushed out of the astronomy tower to find her.

I needed to know.

KAITLYNN

I was walking to Muggle research class when I felt a hand wrap around my wrist and pull me into a classroom. It was an abandoned classroom not used much anymore obviously what with the dust and everything littered about.

"Draco?" I asked in shock.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked angrily as I saw his face in the darkly dimmed room. "I just had to talk with you." He said softly. "Oh so now I'm good enough to talk to?" I snapped. "I didn't mean-." "I don't care Malfoy! I don't care now and I never will again. So if youll excuse me I have legs to go spread for people who give me attention." I retorted and started making my way out of the room.

But he grabbed me and pulled me back, this time holding his hand wrapped around my wrist. I inwardly groaned as the tingling feeling sparkled on the skin where he touched me. I ripped my wrist out of his grasp, not wanting to feel the effect he had on me.

"What do you want Draco?!" I yelled, tired of his shit.

"I just want to ask you something." He said, getting irritated.

"I don't want to hear it! You don't know what the hell you want! First you hate me then you have sex with me, then you hate me again." I said. He rolled his eyes. "Don't act like an angel, Graham. You hate me too." He said. I glared at him. "Get to it Malfoy. I don't have all day." I spat and crossed my arms over my chest, to look angry, but also to keep my hands from reaching out to touch him. To run my hand through his silky platinum locks.

"Did you break up with Potter?" He asked seriously. "What? Why would you-." "Just answer the question!" He snapped. "Yes. Why?" I asked.

"Did you do it because of me?" He asked, a haunted look crossed his eyes.

"Draco I'm not sure why you're asking these questions." I said softly.

"Kate did you leave Harry because of me?" He asked me again, a needy tone in his voice.

I sighed and stayed quiet for a long moment.

"Yes... I left Harry because of you." I said, giving up.

And it was true. I couldn't deny my feelings for Draco anymore. It was undeniably present in my mind all the time. I found myself thinking about him all the time and I even caught myself staring at him at times that other people would realise. But that doesn't change the fact that he was a complete donkey's ass.

"Why?" He asked out of breath.

I groaned and ran a hand roughly through my hair.

"Because I want you Draco! Is that what you want to hear? I want you, not Harry." I admitted. And before I could react properly his lips was on mine. My eyes widened in shock, but fluttered closed as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

He let out a groan and bent down, wrapping his hands around my thighs and picking me up, putting me down harshly on a desk as our lips fought against each others. He bit down on my lip and a sharp pain cut through me, but I moaned in pleasure as I tasted my own blood on his lips.

His hands violently tugged my body closer to his, like he was trying to morph us into one person. And I let him. A satisfied sigh escaped his lips as he tugged on my long raven hair, and he pushed his hips against mine.

I gasped as I felt him poking my inner thigh.

Before things got out of control I pulled away from him. "Draco stop." I commanded and he froze, looking at me in confusion. "What?" He asked, running a hand through his hair, clearly flustered. I bit my lip and looked into his eyes.

"What's going to happen after this?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked, clearly dreading having to answer it.

"I mean, are things going to change between us after this? Or are you just going to go back to ignoring me?" I asked softly, afraid of his answer.

He looked shocked, but he took a step away from me. An apologetic look crossing his face.

I pursed my lips and jumped off the desk. "Right. Got it." I said curtly and straightened my shirt. I turned to walk out of the classroom but he pulled me back again.

My eyes hardened as I glared at him. "Don't touch me Draco!" I snapped and he flinched back in surprise. "You can't keep using me like this!" I yelled and then spun around and walked away. Leaving him alone in the classroom.