Chapter 19

KAITLYNN

"What are you still doing here?"

Once I woke up, I saw Draco sitting on the chair next to my bed in the infirmary. He looked extremely worried, but I could see the relief in his eyes when he saw I was awake. Maybe he cared a little?

"I waited for you to wake up." He said. I nodded and slowly sat up in the bed. My body wasn't in a lot of pain really. The medicine madam Pomphrey gave me must have worked really well. I didn't complain. I was a little shocked to see Draco here instead of Harry.

"How uhm... How are you feeling?" He asked awkwardly. I shrugged. "Fine I guess." I said. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked, eyeing me warily. I nodded as images of the previous day flashed in my mind.

"How did I get here?" I asked. "Snape told me to bring you here after he fixed you." He said. "Snape was there?" I asked confusedly. I was a little uncomfortable with the fact that Snape helped. He was in on whatever was going on with Draco. At least he didn't do anything to worsen the situation.

Just as Draco was about to answer, Harry rushed into the infirmary and once he saw me a look of guilt and regret washed over his face. "Harry." I said softly, not sure if I wanted to see him or not. Draco stood up from the chair and glared at him. "What are you doing here Potter? I thought I made myself clear that you should stay away from her." Draco spat.

"I came to see if my girlfriend was okay." He said, glaring back at Draco with equal hatred. "Well she's fine. You can leave now." Draco spat. Harry rolled his eyes and looked at me. "Darling, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were going to jump in front of him like that." He said softly, his eyes meeting mine. I frowned. "But you still preformed the curse, Harry. Draco could have gotten seriously hurt if I hadn't jumped in front of him." I said.

"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't know what the curse does." He said. "Then you shouldn't have performed it in the first place!" Draco shouted at him. "Stay out of it Malfoy!" Harry countered. "I'm here to see Katy."

"Oh like you wanted to see her when you ran out of the bathroom after realising she was in danger?! You didn't want to see if she was okay then!" Draco yelled.

"She ended up being fine! I'm here now so you can leave, Malfoy."

"She wouldn't be here if it weren't for you in the first place!" Draco spat.

"Like you have never put her in here before right?!" Harry yelled.

"Shut up! Both of you!" I shouted, making them turn to me in shock. "I'm sick and tired of this petty thing going on between the both of you. What is this? A competition to see who can put me in the infirmary the most?! You two are so childish! Honestly!" I rambled on.

"Me being in here is both of your fault. If you hadn't decided to start a duelling match in the middle of the bathroom I wouldn't be here!" I yelled. They just stared at me. It was obvious they didn't know what to say.

"Leave." I commanded. Draco opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off. "I said leave! Both of you. I don't want to see you." I said. And with one determined look from Draco, both of them trudged out of the infirmary hesitantly.

*

"Katy! Oh my gosh I heard what happened!" Pansy said rushing into the infirmary. I smiled as she hugged me. "I'm fine." I assured her. "I know. You're strong. You can survive anything." She said. I laughed as she sat down on the chair Draco had been sitting on earlier.

"So madam Pomphrey said you can be released tonight." She informed me, propping her legs onto the bed comfortably.

"That's great. I don't think I can take much more of this place." I said truthfully. "Well it does seem like you and Malfoy love spending time in here." She said raising an eyebrow. "I know. But I dont think we'll be putting each other in here again anytime soon." I said.

"Are you going to tell me why Malfoy was sitting here the whole night like a guard dog?" She asked curiously. "He sat here the whole night?" I asked, shocked. I didn't think Draco would do that for me.

"Yeah. Even after madam Pomphrey tried chasing him away." She said laughing. "He made her scurry away like a squirrel." I laughed along with her. He can be protective sometimes. Which only added to WHY I couldn't get him out of my head. I inwardly groaned. God Malfoy why are you so annoying?

"I can't put my finger on it but something between you and him changed." She said suddenly, making me stare at her, dumbstruck.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "It's like your entire relationship has shifted." She explained.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said softly. "I've known you since first year. I know when you're lying." She countered. I opened my mouth to say something, but she cut me off. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Just know that I can tell something happened." She said.

"You guys are more civil towards each other. He stands up for you more then he used to. And he gets this weird killer look every time he sees you and Harry together. Don't think I haven't noticed the way you two keep looking at each other." She continued.

I shook my head. "There's nothing going on Pans." I said.

She scoffed and went back to studying her nails. "You should probably talk things out with Harry though. Because I think he's starting to notice too." She said in a bored tone. I frowned. She was probably right. If she had noticed something then Harry definitely has as well.

"Fine. I'll tell him the truth. Which is that nothing's going on between me and Malfoy." I said with crossed arms.

She rolled her eyes. "Who are you actually trying to lie to Katy? Me? Or yourself?" She asked and my frown deepened at her words.

Right then I contemplated telling her. I wanted to tell her everything, but saying it would make it more real and I wasn't ready for that yet. It would make it more easy for me, because then I would have someone to talk to about it. But it would only complicate things.

Knowing her, she would hang Draco up by his balls if she found out. So I kept it to myself.

And little did I know, that not telling her, would turn out to be the biggest mistake of my life, because then she would have known... and she would have been able to tell me.