Chapter 12

KAITLYNN

Pansy squealed as she fell down in the seat next to me. I blinked at her in surprise with my mouth stuffed with food. "What?" I asked as she stared at my mouth. "You eat like a pig." She commented. I rolled my eyes and swallowed. "So what? I like food." I said. "Whatever! I'm so excited!" She said in a loud voice. Blaze and I shared a confused look.

"What about, Parkinson?" Draco asked in a bored tone.

I gulped as his voice reached my ears. We've been avoiding each other for the last couple of days. And somehow he's been skipping detention. When I asked professor Snape why he wasn't coming to detention anymore he just said that Draco was tasked with another form of detention. He was being very cryptic, but I knew it had something to do with me asking Draco about Voldemort.

"Christmas dance!" Pansy squealed, hurting my ears. I raised an eyebrow. "Christmas dance?" I asked. She nodded furiously and grabbed my arm, shaking me around. "We need to go find dresses this weekend at Hogsmead!" She said. I sighed and looked at her. "Pansy I don't even know if I'll be going." I said. "Don't be daft. Of course you're going!" She said.

I rolled my eyes. "I'll think about it." I said. That made Pansy happy as she gave me an approving smile.

The rest of breakfast was pretty uneventful and we ate our food with Pansy going on about needing to find a date for the dance. All the while Draco and I kept stealing glances at each other. His silver eyes meeting mine for split seconds once in a while.

Once breakfast was finished I went out of the great hall and I felt a pair of arms encircle my waist. I tilted my head back and saw Harry smiling at me. "Hello darling." He said giving me a loving kiss on my cheek. I smiled and pulled away from him. "How are you?" I asked giving him a hug, enjoying the feeling of his arms around me.

"I'm good thanks. I've been meaning to ask you something." He said with a smirk etched on his face. I groaned. "Please tell me you're not going to force me to go to this dance thing." I pleaded leaning my cheek against his chest. He chuckled. "Oh don't be like that. I have to go and I need a date. And who better to ask then my beautiful girlfriend." He said rubbing my back thoughtfully.

I sighed. "You're impossible. Pansy's going to force me to go shopping this weekend because of this." I groaned. "Does that mean you'll come?" He asked hopefully. "Do I have a choice?" I asked smirking up at him. "Not if you want me to go with Luna." He said. My eyes lit up. "Is that an option?" I asked with fake excitement.

He laughed and placed a kiss on my head. "No. Now stop moping about it. It'll be fun." He said. I groaned again. "Fine. But you owe me, Potter." I said. We turned and started walking to DADA with our arms wrapped around each other.

*

Saturday rolled by fairly quickly and as I expected, Pansy was forcing me to go to Hogsmead with her to go buy dressed for the dance next week. Much to my dismay, of course. I've never liked shopping and to be honest, I never will.

We walked through the shops trying to find a dress shop Pansy approved of. But with everyone we passed she pulled up her nose in disgust. This was just like her. She needed to have the most expensive dress at the dance otherwise she wont be happy.

Finally we reached a shop that had magnificent dresses stalled by the outside windows. "This is perfect!" She squealed and grabbed my wrist, pulling me inside. I groaned as she bounced around like a bunny on steroids as she took her time looking at all the dresses.

Finally she had a total of 5 dresses she wanted to try on. Then she helped me find 5 of my own. I didn't want to try them on at all. I usually just picked one out from the racks and bought it if it looked good. But Pansy being Pansy forced me to try on every single one of them.

I was in the fitting room with the last dress she picked out. She didn't like any of the other four, which irritated me because I found nothing wrong with any of them. But just to keep her from moping for the rest of the week I tried them on. I wanted to get this over with, because as soon as Im finished I could go meet up with Harry at the Three Broomsticks. Which was a bar-like place everyone went to for some nice butterbeer.

I gasped as I saw my reflection in the mirror. The dress was beautiful. It was made out of a shimmery ruby red material, and hugged the curves of my body beautifully and revealed a modest amount of leg as it had slits on both sides. "That is the dress." Pansy said, smirking at me in the mirror. Without a word, I nodded and went ahead and bought the dress.

*

"So did you find a dress for next weekend?" Harry asked taking a sip of the yellow liquid. I smiled and nodded. "All thanks to Pansy, of course." I said laughing. "Was it really that bad?" He asked. I contemplated. "Not really just really exhausting. She made me try on 5 dresses." I pouted. "Oh no! 5 dresses! How dare she?" He mocked. "Not funny!" I said.

We laughed and drank our butterbeer and a couple minutes later Ron and Hermione joined us. "Hey guys!" I said politely. Ron only nodded at me and Hermione gave me a quick awkward smile. Hermione wasn't ever really around when I hung out with Harry. She took our relationship harder than Ron did, but she kept her distance from me.

"Hay guys, what's going on?" Harry asked, slinging an arm loosely around my shoulders. I could tell something was wrong with Hermione and Ron. They wanted to tell Harry something, but they probably didn't want to do it in front of me. "Can we talk to you for a moment?" Hermione asked. "Alone." She said glancing at me. I frowned.

Harry shifted uncomfortably and looked at me. I sighed and gave him a tight smile, already knowing what he was going to ask. "I'll give you guys a minute." I said and stood up. "I'm sorry." Harry mouthed. I rolled my eyes at him and turned to walk out of the bar.

I can't believe Harry just ditched me for his friends AGAIN. He keeps pushing me out of their conversations. How does he expect me to get along with them if he never lets me have any sort of conversation with them before chasing me away?

I was still fuming in my head when I bumped into someone. I stumbled back and was about to hit the ground when arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me against a hard chest. I blinked in surprised and looked up, meeting a beautiful pair of silver eyes. Draco.

"Watch where youre going would you?!" He snapped angrily. I rolled my eyes and put my hands on his chest and shoved him away from me, making him stumble back. "You're not obligated to be such an ass the whole time, Malfoy!" I snapped back. "You just love to bring out the worst in me, Graham." He said. I scoffed. "I thought you wanted to stay away from me?" I shot.

"Yet you keep bumping in to me on purpose." Draco said. I rolled my eyes. "Like I'd do anything with you on purpose, Malfoy." I snapped. "Like I'd do anything with you at all, Graham." He countered, making me flush. Why did that affect me?

"Nobody asked you to." I said, glaring at him. "Nobody had to. Your eyes say it all." He smirked. I hardened my glare. "What do my eyes say now, git?" I spat. He took a step towards me so our faces were only inches apart. Suddenly, my throat went dry and my lips parted. He leaned forward so his mouth was next to my ear. "They're practically begging me to rip your clothes off." He whispered seductively.

My eyes widened and I shoved him away from me.

"Shut up, Malfoy!" I yelled. Why the hell did that make me blush? My skin was practically burning onto my face as his words rang through my head like a broken record.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Flustered much?" He asked. I shot him another deathly glare and shoved past him, making my way back to Hogwarts.