Chapter 20

KAITLYNN

The next day I decided that I needed to talk to Draco. We needed to sort this... thing out between us and move on. Because we can't keep saying its the last time but then end up needing each other every time things get hard.

I found him in the hallway walking to his next class with Crabbe and Goyle. His posse. "Draco! Wait up!" I called and he froze, along with his minions, and turned to me. "What do you want Graham?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "Can we talk?" I asked, glancing at the two standing behind him. "Alone."

His lips tightened and he looked away from me. "I'm not in the mood for your shit today." He said softly. The two standing behind him chuckled. "Shit? Really?" I asked glaring at him. He sighed and a defeated look crossed his face.

"I don't have time, Graham." He said. "Please? It'll only take a moment." I said.

"No." He said simply. I rolled my eyes. Why was he being extra difficult today? Seriously can't I get a break with this bloke?!

"Please Draco?" I asked again. "What is it about?" He asked impatiently. "I can't tell you here!" I said frustrated. "Which is why I said the word: Alone."

"And I said I don't have time!" He yelled. "Why are you being such an asshole?" I asked. "Because that's who I am Kate! An asshole. Get over it." He snapped. "I'm beginning to realise that!" I said. Anger started filling up in my veins at his nonchalant behaviour.

"Good! So now that you've ruined my morning why don't you scamper off and do what you do best. Which is to go spread those pretty little legs of yours to anyone who gives you the slightest bit of attention-." He didn't finish his sentence. Because before he did my hand shot up and his head whipped to the side.

Both of us froze. I let my hand fall to the side, feeling a burning sting fade away on my palm.

I felt tears starting to well up in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall in front of him. I refused to let him see his words hurt me as much as they did. He had no right to say that about me.

After a long moment, his head turned back to me, his lips parted slightly as his breathing turned shallow. Both of our faces were shocked at the realisation that I've just slapped him. But his previous sentence swam around in my head again and my blood began to boil. He had no right to tell me that. He of all people.

I looked into his silver eyes, a look of defiance on my face and took a step closer to him. A look of anger crossed his eyes, but they didnt leave mine.

"I hate you." I spat. And I meant every word.

*

"Can we talk?" Harry's voice reached my ears as I made my way to the library. "I was hoping to talk to you too." I said honestly as he fell into step with me. "Really? That's good then." He said as we entered the library.

We sat down at an empty table and I took out the books I needed for my homework. "So what did you want to talk about?" He asked. He looked kind of nervous and jittery. And I didn't know if it was because of what happened the other day in the bathroom or because of something else.

"I want to know why you attacked Draco the other day." I said and his eyes widened in shock. "Katy I dont think-." "Please just answer me truthfully, Harry." I interrupted him. He sighed and glanced around the room.

"Do you remember that Gryffindor girl that got hexed the other day near Hogsmead?" He asked me and I nodded, gesturing for him to continue. "It was Draco that hexed her." He said softly. My eyes widened. "What? How do you know?" I asked. He bit his lip and looked away from me.

"Harry answer me." I said frowning. "I just... know." He said and I could tell he was telling the truth. "You just know? I asked testing the words out slowly. He nodded, still avoiding my eyes. "Are you serious? You almost killed him because you think you just know that he hexed someone?" I asked getting a little angry at him.

"Why are you so defensive over him? He's a bad person Katy!" He said, getting angry. "Harry you can't say that! You don't even know him!" I said. I didn't even know myself why I defended him. He just called me a slut in many different words. "Of course I know him! He's a Malfoy." He said. "Just leave it Harry. If there's nothing more you know about the subject then just drop it. I'm not going to fight with you over Draco." I said glaring at him.

He sighed. "You're right. This is stupid. We seem to be fighting a lot lately." He mumbled, frowning. "I know. I'm sorry." I said softly. He bit his lip nervously and looked me in my eye. "There's something I need to tell you. And it's been eating me alive since it happened." He said. My eyes widened. Did he know? About me and Draco? No How could he possibly find out?

"Okay?" I said nervously.

"Ginny kissed me." He said quickly, carefully studying my reaction. "And I kissed her back."

"Ginny? Ron's younger sister?" I asked. He nodded and frowned. "I'm so sorry, Katy." He whispered.

I didn't know how to take that information. He felt this guilty over just a kiss? How am I supposed to feel then after sleeping with someone else? He took my silence as anger and continued to explain.

"She took me to the room of requirements to hide the book of the half blood prince. I wanted to get rid of it after I nearly killed you. And then she kissed me and I kissed her back." He said.

I nodded slowly. "Does that mean you have feelings for her?" I asked.

I didn't know how to feel. Should I tell him about me and Draco too? No he didn't need to know. Draco and I were finished with whatever we were doing.

"I... I don't know Katy. I'm so sorry." He said and hung his head in shame. I smiled and felt a little flutter in my chest. I wanted him to be happy. And our happiness obviously wasn't with each other. We've let this go on for long enough as it is.

I took his hand in mine and his eyes shot up to me in shock. "Go be with her Harry. We've been apart for longer than we've realised." I said softly, giving him a warm smile. A smile tugged on his lips. "You've noticed too huh?" He asked and laced his fingers through mine. And as usual, the spark just wasn't there.

"Yeah. Maybe its time." I admitted, more to myself than to him.

"I think so too." He said.

Both of us stood up and he pulled me against him, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Thank you for being honest." I said and felt a pang of guilt as I realised that I haven't been. I probably should have told him. For more reasons then I knew at that moment. But when I would realise that I should have told him, it would be too late and everything would have already happened the way it did.

And then Harry bent down and attached his lips to mine. The kiss was soft and slow like usual, but this time it held a sort of happiness to it.

It was a goodbye kiss.