Chapter 22

KAITLYNN

The next morning I was sitting in the great hall angrily picking at my food in front of me, ignoring the people around me as much as I could. To say I was in a bad mood would be an understatement. I was extremely sour and I was 100% sure it had something to do with the egotistical asshole sitting in front of me.

"Are you even listening to me?" Pansy asked snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked softly, giving her an apologetic smile. "I was talking about the guy who randomly snogged me in the hall yesterday." She said. Draco groaned from across the table. "No one wants to hear what guy fancy's into your knickers this week, Parkinson." He said. Just as Pansy was about to give him a smart comeback I glared at him and cut her off.

"Shut up Malfoy! Don;t talk to her like that!" I defended her, more out of my own anger than anything else.

"Don't tell me what to do!" He shot back.

"I wouldn't have to if you'd stop behaving like a spoiled little child!" I yelled. "News flash, Graham! I AM spoiled." He said.

"And a child, obviously." I countered.

"Oh I'm the child am I? At least I don't seek attention from anything with a penis." He countered.

"If you say that one more time-."

"You'll what? You can't do shit, Graham!"

Pansy intervened and with a bored tone spoke, interrupting us. "Glad to see you guys are back to your old ways again." I saw Draco glare at her and open his mouth. And I knew what he was about to say. "If you tell her to shut up, Malfoy, I will leap across this table and kick your pale ass!" I threatened.

His glare turned towards me. "Oh I'm so scared of your worthless little threats." He spat. "That's it!" I yelled and just as I was about to actually really leap across the table and kick his ass, a booming voice spoke above the crowd of students who were happily chattering with their friends.

I froze and looked to the front of the great hall, seeing an elderly man with a long silver white beard that almost touched the floor. He had on silver robes and looked at the students lovingly. "Good morning students." He spoke in a confident voice. Everybody stopped talking and diverted their attention to the man. It was Dumbledore.

"I'm pleased to inform you that I am back at Hogwarts and here to stay. I've had some personal business to sort out and happily I did. Enjoy your breakfast." He said and sat back down at the head table with the rest of the professors.

The students immediately started talking again and I couldn't help but notice Dracos sudden nervous exterior. He was jittery and I couldn't tell why. It wasnt because of our fight because we fought all the time. It was ever since Dumbledore spoke. I pursed my lips and just ignored it.

Whatever's going on with Draco is Dracos business.

Right?

*

That afternoon, Pansy and I were walking back from Herboligy class to get back to our dorms. We smelled awful because the professor had us working with dragon dung today. So as soon as we got back to the dorms we threw our bags to the floor and immediately took a shower.

When we re-entered the room an awful smell hit our noses. "What is that?" Pansy asked in disgust. I sniffed the air. Dragon dung. I could smell it easily. After all we just worked with it half an hour ago. I smelled my hair and she smelled her pits to see if we had missed something in the shower.

"It isn't us." I said.

We looked around the room and as we neared our bags, the smell got stronger.

I looked at my bag with dread. "No." I gulped and carefully opened my bag. And sure enough there was dragon dung sploshed around, covering everything inside the bag. I dropped the bag in disgust and backed away from it.

"Malfoy!" I yelled, and I was sure that everyone in this castle could hear me.

*

DRACO

A Smirk reached my face as I thought about the surprise she should be getting in her back right about now. I had left her a little present. Me and Blaze decided to go shower and now we were getting dressed in our dorm rooms.

Just as we finished getting dressed my ribcage started itching. I sighed and scratched the spot, but after a couple of seconds it itched again. I frowned and scratched myself. What the hell? Was I allergic to something?

No it can't be. I wasnt allergic to anything that I know of.

Soon different spots on my body started itching and I scratched uncontrollably. I grunted in frustration as I tried scratching a spot on my back I couldnt reach. I probably looked like a fool right now.

"What are you doing?" Blaze asked, raising an eyebrow. I glared at him. "I'm itchy! Everywhere." I gritted. "Are you allergic to the fabric of your shirt?" He asked, an amused look on his face. "Well considering I've been wearing this shirt for past month without itching I'd say no you idiot!" I snapped, beginning to scratch a new itching spot on my hip.

Soon my legs started itching as well and I was found scratching them through the thick fabric, which didnt help much.

"Dude calm down." Blaze said, sitting down on his bed. "Shut up Zabini!" I snapped and ripped off my shirt to try and inspect what the hell was going on. Blaze's eyes widened as he studied my body. I huffed and went to the full length mirror to inspect myself.

My eyes widened when I saw blotchy red spots all over my body, making me look like I was sick. I groaned as I started itching again and I scratched myself.

"That looks like..." Blaze started.

And as I inspected myself in the mirror more, I noticed the same thing he did.

"Itching powder." I grumbled and glared at nothing in particular as I continued scratching my burning skin. I couldn't stop scratching. It was extremely antagonizing.

"But how would itching powder get into your- oh never mind." He said realising the same thing I did at the exact same time.

Anger filled me as my body started to shake.

"Kate!"