He growls but then, as if something clicks in his mind, his face falls blank. "Okay." He smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.

I know it's because it's still not easy for him. But, at least, he's trying.

"What are you doing here?!" An angry female shouts from behind me.

I turn around and see Ashley.

"Ashley." I greet her with an awkward smile.

"Don't 'Ashley' me! It's all your fault!" She storms towards me – the intent of murder clear in her face.

"Ashley!" Trey warns her, growling.

She stops on her track and looks at him. "Of course you will defend her because you're her fucking slave!" She yells, glaring at the both of us.

"It's not like I wanted that to happen!" I retort, anger getting into my veins.

I know she's also a victim in this, but can she not make it seem as if I intentionally did all those things and made myself suffer like that?

"Of course you didn't." She scoffs.

"She's going to train so that she fix whatever's wrong with me and my lyall, and I'm trying my best to be cooperative. So, if you're thinking of harming her, think again." Trey says coldly, anger laced in his voice.

Ashley's eyes widen and she runs towards Trey, shoving me roughly to the side on her way.

She reaches for his face and cups it. "You are trying to fight the curse?" She whispers, as if saying it out loud will jinx things.

"Yes." Trey replies dryly.

"Don't worry, I'm going to help you through it all." She promises him.

"Thanks." He mutters with the same dryness.

"I'm really sorry Ashley. I really didn't know you're his mate. If I'd known I wou-"

"Save it." She cuts me off. "I don't think I can ever forgive you." Her back is still turned from me. "At least not until you fix what you've done."

"Okay." I whisper.

I hear two angry howls which are obviously my cue to leave.

"Bye you guys!" I shout as I sprinted my way out of the prison.

"Where have you been?" Luca questions once I reach their line of vision.

They both rush towards me then nuzzle their marks. They both growl.

"You visited him!"  Luca says angrily.

"Well, yes." I reply. "I already told you I just wanted to talk to him."

They both growl loudly and embrace me possessively.

"He said he's going to try." I whisper.

"Try what?!" Luca growls louder.

"Can you stop growling right next to my ear?! I'd like to keep my hearing, thank you very much!" I shout angrily and pull away from them.

Euan sighs and I think he's linking something to Luca because Luca growls at him then he rolls his eyes at Luca.

"Can you please elaborate that more, bella mia?" Euan says, turning his head to me.

"He said he's going to try to be cooperative in fixing the 'curse'." I say happily.

Luca rolls his eyes. "Yeah, bloody right."

"Can you at least be happy that he's being cooperative?"