Chapter 1

y/n was sitting in a shitty pub away from the eyes of creepy men and the bartender who looked like he was gonna throw her out but didn't say anything. There were not many people there, just a few men by lying to their wives of having some work, came to hang out with friends

It was not usual for a woman to be at a bar at this hour of night alone but she didn't care about anything anymore. If she wanted to celebrate her engagement anniversary with her dead fiance in a bar drinking till she can't feel the pain anymore then she would do that.

She knew she had to go to the hospital tomorrow but at that moment nothing mattered.

Sitting at the corner, she was staring with tears in her eyes at her engagement ring which she didn't wear anymore. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even realize a person sat near her until his voice startled her.

"Hey are you ok?" his voice was husky like he tried to attract her through his voice. She sighed and looked at him. He was staring at her intense light blue eyes contrasting wonderfully against darkened lashes and eyebrows, a "bad boy" smile. She really wanted to tell this handsome stranger to leave her alone but didn't want to be rude. "Yes I'm fine, thanks for your concern though." her annoyed tone clearly told him that she wanted to say leave me the fuck alone.

"Well, you don't look fine to me. You look like you are about to cry," he said chuckling.

His clingy behavior made her more annoyed. For her, he was just another man trying to hit on her. She ignored him hoping he would leave getting a hint. But god, that was too stubborn.

Suddenly he took both of her hands which caused her to look at him again but this time with surprise and anger. "What the hell is your problem?" she spat. "Tell me what's wrong," he said looking into her eyes, she saw his pupils get dilated, and then words came out of her mouth against her will as if she was hypnotized. "Today is the day I got engaged." "So why are you crying then?" "didn't like the guy huh?" he asked. She was about to reply when the waiter came with his drink, bourbon.

She didn't want him to sit with her but couldn't say to him. The waiter left after giving her a weird look. "So where were we?" he said, taking a sip of his drink. His tone was like, her sadness, her story was some sort of entertainment for him.

But anyway she replied "I loved that guy. We have known each other since childhood. We were best friends. The reason I'm crying is" she sobbed''. He died six months ago. During the war, saving the country." a tear left her eye.

Hearing her, his expression changed. "War huh? I also wanted to go you know with my brother." he sighed. "Your brother, is he ok now?" she whispered. "Oh yeah he would be ok, didn't meet him but I know he's perfect," he said, smirking. She found it weird, that him not meeting his brother after the war but didn't say anything.

After some moment of silence, she couldn't help but ask "Why didn't you go, if you don't mind me asking?" Normally she wasn't the one to intervene in someone's life but right now with sadness and alcohol in her system made an exception for her.

And this stranger was also interfering, what's wrong if she did the same.

At first, he didn't reply, making her scold herself for asking such a thing, she was about to apologize when he spoke "got rejected" and that's all he said making her laugh. "You got rejected? C'mon, you seem perfectly fine to me," she said, shaking her head not believing him. "You know Steve, he got rejected a lot of times," she said with a sad smile. "Steve, the fiance?" she nodded.

"He was a little skinny boy and had asthma, heart issues, um... High blood pressure like he had a lot of issues and always got rejected just by seeing his body. But that stubborn little thing couldn't sit still until he got selected. Always wanted to fight for his country." he saw a weird shine in her eyes when she talked about Steve.

And that whole night they talked about Steve, about his brother. Both of them found a friend they didn't have. A friend to tell their pain, their feelings. ...