Chapter 24 - The Perfect Song

Adam's POV

What can I say about James? Well he means everything to me. I wanted to tell him that for a while but I'm kinda nervous, because he's done so much for me. James actually convinced me to start showing off my horns and tail in public again. It does feel good to have the sun shining on my tail as it blew in the wind. We've been sharing a lot of things

Of course, there was always something I never told James when I was younger : I played the guitar. Back then I was only starting to learn so of course I wouldn't want to show it off but now I'm a big boi. My singing skills have only gotten better as of late. What better way to show James how good I am than writing a song about him? Maybe even ask him out?

I walked up to James' door as he welcomed me. I'm pretty sure he noticed my case in my hand and was staring at it. "What's that?" he asked as his eyes wondered on to my face and back to the item in question.

"This is my hand James, you use it to touch and hold things. It is a very useful thing to have." I teased. He laughed and walked up to me. "No stupid, I'm talking about the case." he jokingly said.

"This is my guitar. I play music a bit. I'm actually making a song and I have a demo on my phone. Wanna listen to it?" I asked him. He nodded excitedly. I gave him one of my ear buds to stick into his ear as we both listened to it. "It's called I'm Something Else. It's based on when I was around all those bullies before we met." I played the song for him on my phone and he seemed to really like it. "Dude, this is amazing! You're so good at this!" James cheered. I looked up at him a little flustered but smiled anyway.

"Actually, I wanna play you a song, if you don't mind. It's about you." James looked at me with excitement in his eyes and an adorable smile on his face. God damnit he's just.....ugh he's everything to me! I start to strum my guitar and play for him.

One day a lost child
scared and alone
bullied at and
picked on at home.

He didn't have real friends
lost from the start
Than a boy named Jameson
he made his way into his heart.

They spent so much time together
which only made his heart grow.
His kindness, positivity, and beauty
but before you know

He was feeling something
a powerful force from above
Before he knew it
he was falling in love.

Thank you James for teaching me
I have to lie to myself
I went from pretending
to being myself.

I'm not perfect, no
I'm still trying to see.
But I know I'll be stronger
as long as your with me.

No longer am I scared
or have to run
cause you'll always be
my Jameson.

(Look I came up with this poem in like a few minutes. If it's not good I'm sorry but I tried.)

James teared up and smiled at me. His face was practically red as he looked up at me with his watery eyes. "Adam...that was amazing." he said putting his hand on my cheek. "You're amazing Jameson." I told him. We were quiet for a few minutes. The awkwardness of the room started to settle as we had a silent staring contest.

"Hey James, can I tell you something a little weird?" I asked. He nodded, not breaking his focus on me. "After I ended it with Cheerio, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Even when I was with her I kept thinking about you. I guess that part of me that was drunk was still waiting for you to try and reach out with me again. Ever since we started hanging out again, you've once again changed me for the better. So, maybe I could return the favor. D-do...you wanna be my boyfriend? Maybe I could take you to see a movie?"

James quickly pressed his lips on to mine. His hands on my cheeks and than resting his arms on my shoulders and warping them around my back. I took that was a yes and kissed back as I moved my arms around his waist.

"I would love to Adam." James told me as he curled a tuft of my hair with his finger. I smiled and placed my lips on his.