Chapter 12 - The Last Day of Summer

James'POV

It was the last day of summer and man was it amazing. I got to hang out with Adam almost every day and we went on two other dates. Today we were going to meet up at Jaiden's house for the afternoon. I rode on my bike thinking about how cool the summer was.

"Another great summer. Man, my last date with Adam was cool. That song Adam was singing was super sweet. Oh and pictionary was so much fun. The weirdest things he can draw without his glasses. How he let me run my fingers through his hair....." A car beeped at me. I almost fell off my bike as I saw that I wasn't only biking through a red light, I was going the wrong way.

"Man, this crush is getting out of control. Come on James, get your head out of the clouds." I brought my focus back onto the road but everytime my brain kept going back to Adam, how he looked, how he smiled, how he made me feel. "All I wanna do is walk up to him and give him a ki-"

"AHHHH!" I yelled as I fell off my bike. Suddenly, I felt someone grab me. I opened my eyes and I saw Adam. "What the fu-"

"Damn James, I knew you've fallen for me but you don't need to actually fall." I chuckled as he set me back onto my feet. I lightly punched his arm, he flinched. I just remembered that Adam doesn't like punching. "Sorry."

"Your good Jameson." he said wrapping his arm around my back.

"How did you catch me anyway?"

"I'm a speed demon." he said. "Anyway, were still far away from Jaiden's house so can I ride with you?"  I nodded as I got on to my bike making room for him. Adam wrapped his arms around my waist which made my face get all flushed up. I started peddling the rest of the way to Jaiden's house.

•~•

Adam's POV

I don't know who this was more fun for : me of James. I enjoyed to watch as his ears got redder once I held onto his waist. The last summer breeze filled the air as we rode off. I started leaning onto James back and holding onto his torso as I started to fall asleep.

When we got there I opened my eyes tiredly and looked up. Rebecca and Jaiden were looking at us with smerks on there faces. Quickly, I got up and we both walked inside. "Enjoy your nap Adam?" Rebecca teased. "Shut the fuck up Rebecca." Jaiden gave me an angry look. "No swearing in my house Adam!"

We all sat at the table as Rebecca shuffled the cards. ( She was a really good shuffler, almost as good as Maaz, who wouldn't be here because he would be unpacking from his trip to Australia. ) We were playing Uno and the game was pretty friendly for the most part.

"Rebecca you little!" James yelled as he picked up four cards. Rebecca was a queen at Uno.

One of the cards in my deck was pretty strange. 'Kiss James of pick up 25.' it read. The last time we were going to kiss James had to turn me down because he had to go home. I was pretty scared to kiss him. Telling him I loved him was pretty damn scary but now I have to kiss him, in public too. I picked up 25 cards and just kept going.

A similar card was in my deck again. 'Admit James is your boyfriend or pick up the whole deck.' Who is making these rules? I picked up the whole deck and of course, I lost. After that game I went upstairs to use the bathroom.

James' POV

While Adam was using the bathroom Jaiden and Rebecca both looked at me with wide eyes. "So...how are you and your boyfriend?" Rebecca asked.

"Adam and I aren't dating. We've just been spending a lot of time with each other."

"James, you've been on several dates with Adam, you see him almost daily, you hold hands, you kissed his cheek, and he told you that he loved you. You guys are a couple." Jaiden told me. Rebecca nodded in agreement. She had a point, we have been doing all those things and more, plus, it's why I can't get him out of my head.

"I know and your right but maybe Adam doesn't want to start a relationship."

"Why wouldn't he?" Rebecca asked. They didn't know about Adam's crush on TJ so they wouldn't of known. I didn't want to be his backup, it's why I didn't try to say anything about us starting a relationship before. But damn I want one, God knows I want him. Adam came back downstairs and everyone kept playing.

•~•

Adam walked home with me that night. You could feel the Autumn air kicking in. I shivered as the temperature dropped. Adam took off his sweater, put it on me, and kissed my cheek. My face heated up as I looked down upset.

"What's wrong Jameson?" he asked me.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

"Are you still in love with TJ? Do you still have feelings for him? Am I just a back up or do you love me?"

Adam paused and looked down. I felt tears stinging my eyes as I tried to hold them in. Adam looked up at me and smiled. "James, I was taking drugs and smoking when I was with TJ, that would of killed me. You saved my life James, TJ embarrassed me. Why would you even doubt that I loved you?"

"Well..." I started sobbing. "Because I'm scared that you'll hurt me a little. Your always in my head, I can't stop thinking about you, your smile, your hair, your eyes, your personality, your voice, everything that makes you, you. I don't want to find out that you were using me. I know your not it's just my anxiety, I'm being stupid.".

Adam pulled me into a warm hug. "James, I'll never hurt you. I promise." he said drying my tears. I leaned close to Adam. We were inches away from each other and I kissed him. I could tell Adam was caught off guard as he let go of me for a second but than he held we tighter and kissed back.

Once we let go and looked at each other. "Adam, will you be my boyfriend?" I asked him. His eyes glimmered in my moonlight as he smiled. "As long as you'll be mine." We kissed again as he walked me back to my house.

When I got home for dinner my mom looked at me. "How was your summer James?"

"Amazing!" I told her.

"I spent it with a demon from heaven."