Chapter 3 - Fitting In

( Warning! Smoking and Drugs )

Adam's POV

After an hour of trying to get out of the locker I realized school was already over for the day. I can't believe what they did to those poor kids. I've seen them in some of my classes before. I feel so sorry for.... no Adam! You just gotta fit in! Today started my first class in martial arts. I could make friends there too.

I went inside and I saw some kids already fighting. Guess I was late here. "Stupid locker." I walked in and looked at these other kids. They looked tuff and a bit scary but might as well try. This time, I listened into what they were talking about.

"Have you tried them yet? There amazing." One guy said handing someone else a little can.

"Oh, yeah I love those!" I blurted out awkwardly.

"Wait, you like drugs?" The older kids said.

"Yeah, pfft- Who doesn't?"

"Which kinds?"

"Uh..... ALL KINDS! Big ones, small ones, red ones, blue ones. I've had them all. Man there great!" To be honest, I never had one in my life. The only ones were when I was younger and I had to take them so I wouldn't get sick. Even then I hated them.

"Wow, kid. Guess you smoke too?"

"Hell yeah." "Someone stop me..." I love to smoke.

"Oh great take these." He handed me some drugs and a cigarette. I just looked at it and than I looked back up at the dude. He looked like he could beat me up in a second. I just opened the drug container and took two.

"Mr. Ortiz, your up against Mr. Jackson." I just realized that the kid I was talking to was Mr. Jackson. We both got up and took our places. My knees were shaking and I started to feel dizzy. My vision got blurry. Was this the drugs or am I just nervous? Let's just say, the kid took me out easily.

When I got out my body was in pain. "Hey kid!" I heard someone yell. It was Mr. Jackson. "Hey kid! Sorry about before. I'm Raymond, but you can call me Ray. If you want more drugs and shit I got them for you."

I just smiled and said thanks. "I think I just made another friend. Cool! Maybe I shouldn't be taking drugs though. Maybe smoking is better?" I walked over to a nearby by store, bought a lighter, and tried to smoke. As soon as I did I spit it out and started coughing. "Note to self: Smoking will kill me." I had to do it though, j was starting to fit in.

•~•

At school the next day I went to TJ and the others. "Hey, Adam! What's in your pocket?" TJ asked. I showed them my drugs and they flipped out.

"Whoa, the little kid has drugs!" Will said taking some.

"How did you get these?" Roger asked taking some as well.

"Got them from a friend. I also smoke too...." I said forcing a smile.

"Dude! This is crazy! At lunch we're gonna have more of these and we'll teach those kids a lesson." TJ said.

•~•

"I'm so sorry..." That's what I wanted to say but right now I was helping my friends take out those kids. As before, I got the weakest one and I used what I learned in classes to mess him up. I grabbed him by his collar and threw him to the side. When he was down I stepped on his stomach.

"Nice work Adam! See you guys next time and bring more money." TJ said as we all walked away from them.

"Adam, that was some good fighting for a noob." Roger said patting my head. I happily walked over to my locker and opened it until I once again got shoved back inside.

"Guys! What's going on?"

"Your still not getting payed dipshit! But don't worry, we'll make ya into something special!" Wil said.

"Like that kid is gonna be anything. He's like clay, he can be shaped into whatever you want him to be but at the end of the day he's trash."

They all laughed and walked away as I sat down and cried. I pondered what I could of done wrong. What I did wasn't enough. I had to be more! I had to be better! I had to be cool!