Chapter 16 - Sleepover

James POV

Rebecca had us over for a sleepover. We were all invited over. Adam and I went together. "You think they wanna see me again?" he asked me. I nodded and smiled at him. It was pretty chilly as the fall air hit. I wore my navy blue sweater and a black scarf. Adam had a baseball cap on and his normal red sweater.

When we finally got to Rebecca's house I knocked on her door. "Hey Becca!"

"Hey James!"

Adam waved behind me but she didn't say anything and just let us in. She gave me a confused glare and just walked into the living room. Fear started crawling up my neck but I shook it off to be strong for Adam.

We walked into the living room where the rest of my friends were. They all looked at Adam. I held his hand as he squeezed mine.

We explained what happened and why Adam was getting payed by TJ. Rebecca and Maaz seemed to understand but Jaiden didn't seem too pleased. We both sat down next to each other and played some games.

"Come on guys we all know sleep overs are witch gathering." Rebecca said.

"Never have I ever believed in witches." Maaz said.

"Maaz!" Rebecca yelled.

I snickered a too loudly as Rebecca targeted me. "Never have I ever kissed a demon." Rebecca said. Everyone looked at me as I blushed.

"Never have I ever met someone as cute as James." Adam said.

"Adam!" I said lightly shoving him. He kissed my cheek and I kissed him on the lips.

"Guys, get a room!" Rebecca teased

"Hey if they wanna fuck we can just leave." Maaz said.

Adam and I looked away from each other as I looked up and saw Jaiden. She didn't say anything and just looked upset. What was wrong with her?

After an hour of 'Never Have I Ever' I  tried to get her alone. "Jaiden can I talk to you?" We walked to the kitchen so we could talk separately. "Why are you so upset?"

"Look I know Adam was in the wrong group of people but maybe it isn't safe for us to be around him."

"Woah what? Of course it's safe."

"He got in a fight James! I don't want to get in a fight. Plus, TJ is still after him."

"I get why your worried but he's not like that. Plus, TJ was after him just so he would do something dumb for him and he did it for me."

"I just don't want to see you hurt again James. Your a great friend and you deserve to be happy."

"Trust me Jaiden, I am happy. Thank you." We hugged and went to back to everyone else. They were all watching a movie at that point. Adam patted the seat next to him to signal me to sit down. I went to him but he looked like he was signaling Jaiden too. She nervously sat down next Adam but she kept her distance from him. He seemed a little upset so I gave him a little peck on the cheek. "Give her some time."

•~•

After a movie and some snacks we all started to get ready for bed. We were trying to choose where we were going to sleep.

"Let James and Adam take your bed." Maaz suggested.

"No way! I don't know what there doing in there. Jaiden and I will take the bed. You boys can sleep downstairs."

"But, there gonna be kissing and stuff! " Maaz wined.

"Wow Maaz, didn't know you hated us so much." Adam said acting sad.

"I like you guys, it's just awkward. I'll sleep on the floor and you two take the bed. "

We all agreed and we all changed into pajamas : Jaiden and Rebecca in her room, Maaz in the bathroom, and Adam and I in the living room.

I saw Adam take off his sweater and I felt a wave of heat hit my face. "W-woah." I mumbled. Adam looked at me and blushed. "Quit starting Jameson." I looked down and blushed. Suddenly, Adam took my sweather off. "DUDE!" I screamed. Adam chuckled.  "That's what you get for looking at me without my shirt, now don't look when I'm changing pants."

"What if I do~"

Adam gave me and stare and started laughing. I laughed along with him. After that we both got into shorts and looked at the couch.  "Sleep on me." I told him. "I'm in." he said.

He sat on my lap at I played with his hair. "You think anyone is still mad at me?" Adam asked.

"Jaiden is, but because she's worried about me. She'll get over it Adam." I told him as I ran my fingers through his hair.

He turned around and got on top of me. "So who's the top lf this relationship now?" he teased me. I rolled over and pinned him to the couch. "I am~" We just laughed and switched places. After that Adam yawned like a little kitten. "Aww, your so cute." I told him. Adam blushed super bright. "I'm not cute, shut up James."

"Goodnight, cutie."

"Goodnight Jameson."

We kissed and cuddled till we fell asleep.