Chapter 19 - Prom Night

James' POV

It was just a year after everyone switched schools. We all were still close friends and every Friday after school we would meet to catch up together. I was at the park enjoying the fresh sunny air and smiled. Everything just felt right in the world for once. The sun hitting my face, the cool breeze in the air, and that I can see my handsome Adam again.

Suddenly, someone covered my eyes. "Guess who?" they asked.

"Are you Maaz?"

"No."

"Jaiden?"

"Wrong again."

"Rebecca!"

"Oh come on James!"

"Are you my little demon, Adam?"

"Yup!" Adam said uncovering my eyes. "But I'm not that little Jameson."

"Not from my perspective." I laughed.

Adam covered my cheek with kisses as I laughed. "Stop, it tickles." He wrapped his arms around my neck and just kept going. I pushed away from him and kissed him passionately as I played with his hair.

"Ahem." someone said.

We turned around and saw Rebecca and Maaz behind us. We pushed away from each other and looked at them in embarrassment. "Sup..." Adam said. The two looked at each other and laughed as we all started to talk about school.

Lastly, Jaiden walked over to us. "Hey Maaz, Rebecca, James." she said. Adam waved at her but she ignored it. "Have you heard the news about prom? There gonna be having a dance for school. You coming?"

"Oh uh, probably not. Proms aren't really fun. You just dance for an hour and they give crowns to pretty people and call it a night."

"Hey, that's not true! There's more to it than that." Rebecca protested.

"Yeah, there food." Adam said.

"Yeah, like candy and chips. I got that from your sleepover." James said rolling his eyes.

"I thought you two would be excited about prom. You guys love dates so it would just be one big date." Maaz said.

"Yeah well our dates aren't boring. Infact, I bet I could come up with an amazing prom night for us!" Adam said.

"I don't know Adam I-" Adam cut me off by squeezing my hand. He wanted this. I sighed and nodded my head. We were gonna have a prom date.

•~•

James was worried about the night from the beginning. His parents didn't know he was going to the prom in the first place so when he told them they got him a nice tux and flowers. "This was a mistake, I should of never said yes." James regretted as he walked downstairs. He siblings cheered him on as he walked out the door. He was outside the park waiting for Adam.

"Hey Jameson." Adam said. Adam was in a tux similar to his with a red tie. His hair was done up a lot less messy than it was normally, a hair cut perhaps. James felt his face heat up as he stared. "Earth to James, do you read me?" Adam said admiring James himself.

"Oh uh, hey Adam. I got these for you!" James said showing him the flowers he got. Adam blushed as he looked at the flowers. "Aww, Jameson..."

Adam grabbed James hand and showed him where they were gonna go. "We're going to a fancy place tonight. You know that money I got from TJ?"

"Yeah?"

"Well I'm using it here. We're gonna eat like kings! It'll be so much fun James!" Adam said with a smile on his face. James, still unsure about this, went along with it.

The restaurant was beautiful. It had clean brown floors with off-white walls. Chandeliers on the ceiling shining bright golden lights.

The two sat at there table and looked at the menu. "Adam, are you sure this is necessary. You take me to amazing places already. You don't need to do this."

"Yes I do James. This needs to be the best night of your life." Adam said. The waiter came over and asked them for if they were ready to order. Both ordered spaghetti and meatballs.

"I don't understand. You really don't need to do this. I just don't feel right using your money."

"But this is how I want to spend my money. James just trust me." Adam said. The waiter brought back thee good and the two started eating. James had to admit, the food looked and smelled great, the taste was even better, but he was still wondering what was up with Adam.

After the meal Adam took James outside. "So where do you wanna go? How about that fair, it's open and we could go on the Ferris Wheel."

"Adam, your scared of heights. I wouldn't make you go up there."

"So? It's not about me tonight. It's about you. I need to take you out to the best places. Infact let's go to that fair right now." Adam said grabbing James' hand and pulling him along.

The wheel was huge and just by looking at Adam he didn't want to go up. James didn't want to either. "Adam, I don't think we should go."

"W-What do you mean James? It lo-oks f-un." Adam stuttered. The two hopped into the cart and were locked inside. The Ferris Wheel started to move and they were carried into the air. Adam closed his eyes and held James' hand tightly. "Having fun?"

"Adam, what's really going on? You've been acting weird all night. I told you, we didn't have to do this."

"Yes we did James!"

"But why? Is it because of Jaiden?"

"No, Jaiden hates me and I except that. She'll come at her own time. It's something else."

"You can tell me anything. What's wrong?"

Tears started to form in Adam's eyes as he looked at James. "The kids in my neighborhood robbed my house. Now my mom wants us to move away. I'll never see you again James." James felt his heart break in half. Adam leaned onto him and started to cry. James held onto Adam tightly.

After the ride the two sat down on a bench. "I'm sorry I forced you to be here tonight." Adam said leaning onto James shoulder.

"It's ok. I understand. When are you moving?" James asked.

"In July." Adam said drying his tears.

"That's still a while away. It's only May. We can still make memories together before you leave."

Adam smiled and kissed James. "Thanks Jameson."