Chapter 21 - We Meet Again

James' POV

It was a normal morning. I woke up to the sun's golden Ray's shining onto my face. Another day of animating. I got up and walked into the kitchen to make a quick bowl of cereal and start animating. As I was drawing I got a message from Jaiden, one of my few friends that I was still in touch with, as she sent me a text.

James: Hey Jai what's up?

Jaiden: Nothing much. You have to check out this new animator. There name is SomethingElseYT and there funny as hell. I'll send you a link to there video.

James: Alright Jaiden. I'll check it out.

I was pretty skeptical, about the video but I have it a try. Turns out this guy was pretty funny and creative. His name was Adam and he made some pretty awesome videos. Jaiden was right, this dude is funny as hell, which made sense because his character was a demon.

James: This dude is great, when did you find him?

Jaiden: Told you! Dom showed me. I talked to him a bit and he's pretty nice. You should get in touch with him.

I took Jaiden's advice and I contacted Adam pretty easily.

James: Hello!

Adam: OMG! Your TheOdd1sOut!

James: Yup and your SomethingElseYT. Came to say I really liked your videos. There super funny and cool.

Adam: Wow thanks. Your videos are amazing!

What was going to be a day of animating turned into a conversation between Adam and I. I didn't mind though, Adam was super fun and awesome. We went from texting to a call. The two of us were really happy together, it felt familiar.

A month later it turned out that Adam was in the area so he asked if he wanted to meet up with me. I would pick him up in my car and bring him over to my house for the afternoon. I drove over to the park where we were supposed to meet and I looked for him.

"James! Over here!" I heard him yell. I stopped my car and looked over at Adam. He was wearing a baseball hat with a gray sweather. "Hey Adam, great to see you in person this time." I said as he got in the passenger seat. "Can say the same to you."

•~•

Adam's POV

James drove me to his house and it was pretty nice. Actually, James was pretty nice. He's just as nice as he is in his videos. James turned on the AC in his house and I sat on his couch. He pulled out some video game controllers. "What do you wanna play?"

"Whatever you want." I told him. James smiled and chose a Mario game. We sat together and played around. We weren't the best but damn it was fun as ever.

"Hey, Adam your kinda looking a little hot."

"Didn't know you were a player James." I teased.

He blushed and looked at me. "What I'm trying to say is, you look really sweaty. I don't mind you taking your sweather off."

"It's nothing, thanks. Can I just use your bathroom for a sec?" James nodded and showed me where the bathroom was. I quickly took off my sweather and hat. I don't really show my demon parts and powers in public because it scares people off. Only family and extremely close friends know I'm part demon. I put my clothes back on and walk back out.

•~•

As the afternoon went on, James was getting more suspicious of Adam. He was sweating buckets but he didn't take off his heavy sweather or hat. James tried to help by constantly turning the AC up, giving Adam cool water, and doing more relaxing things. All of them failed to work.

"Adam, I know we just got to know each other and I don't have a fight to cross any lines but, your hurting yourself! Your sweating buckets and you look super tried. You need to take off your sweather of at least your hat." James said trying to reason with Adam.

"I'm fine James. Just a little hot in here. Also I stayed up animating so sorry for being a little tried." Adam said trying not to worry his new friend anymore.

"I'm sorry about this Adam." James said.

"Sorry about wha-" Before Adam could finish James tackled him down and knocked his hat off. "JAMES WHAT THE FU-" Adam looked as James stared wide eyed at him. He knew now. It was over. He was done for.

"Adam. Adam Ortiz!" James said.

"How do you know my last name?" Adam asked a little confused.

"Adam! It's me James! From when we were kids!" James smiled and looked at Adam. "Hold on!" James said as he got off of Adam and ran into his room. James threw cloths around making his room look a little messy until he found an old wrinkled red sweather. He ran back downstairs and showed Adam the sweather. "You gave this to me before you moved away! I was your highschool sweetheart Adam."

Adam's face lit up as he looked at James. Memories flew into his head about all the wonderful he had of him and James. "It is you! Holy shit I thought I would never see you again!" Adam said giving James a hug. James hugged back as the two caught up on what they missed in each other's lives.