[nightmares]

A/N heyyy sorry for not updating sooner! every day I felt like I should but I was just too lazy and busy to. but now I have tea and I'm ready to go so yay. also I've been listening to the percy Jackson musical lately (if you haven't listened to it you definitely should) and I just love it okayyy I'm getting off topic. onto the story! enjoy! (oh and thanks for 100 reads I know its not much for some people but it means a lot to me :)! I never thought I would get past like 30!)

Alex (F) PoV

Alex and Magnus had been dating for about five months now, and she had never been happier. The rest of floor 19 could easily tell. Of course, Alex would decapitate anyone who said so, but it was painfully obvious. Alex almost always had a smile on her face, and Magnus was constantly by her side.

He helped her cope with her childhood trauma and deal with her nightmares.

One night, she was having a particularly bad nightmare. It wasn't anything new, just her dad throwing her out of the house.

Over and over again.

This was the one dream that she had not told Magnus about. She couldn't explain it, but she just didn't want him to see her this weak.

But she couldn't help it anymore. Her screams echoed through the quiet hallway. She glanced over at her alarm clock.

2:31 A.M

He'll never be up, she thought. She tried without luck to fall asleep, and chase the nightmares away. She tried to stop thrashing and screaming. Nothing.

Most Hotel Valhalla residents were plagued by awful dreams, but Alex just figured that they all handled theirs way better than she did.

She stopped screaming and thrashing. Instead, she forced herself awake, curled herself into a tight ball, and sobbed quietly. To her friends, Alex Fierro did not cry. It didn't matter her gender, or what awful scenario may be going on, but Alex Fierro did not cry. That's why they could never see her when she was like this.

Only Magnus knew.

He knew because she trusted him more than she trusted herself. She trusted him to be there for her, and vice versa. She trusted him more than anything in the world. And she hated herself for that. Over the years she had built walls in her mind. She would block out physical contact, and she wouldn't allow herself to come close to anyone. Sam was a rare exception. And so was Magnus, now.

She heard a soft knock on her door and knew instantly who it was. He heaved herself out of bed, not even bothering to wipe away the tears that were still falling on her cheeks. She trusted him with all of her, so he could see all of her.

She opened the door, and a small smile graced her lips. Just seeing him standing there made her feel a thousand times better, but still not good.

"Oh, Alex, what was it this time?" he asked, his voice loaded with concern. His golden locks practically glowed in the moonlight coming from her windows. His eyebrows were scrunched in concern. Concern for her. She had to tell him. She couldn't just hide this from him.

"I-it was a n-nightmare t-that I've b-been having f-for a couple w-weeks now. I-I just d-didn't tell you. I d-didn't w-want you t-to w-worry." she silently cursed herself for stuttering so much.

"Alex, why didn't you tell me? I only want to help" Magnus said, wrapping his strong arms around her and leading her to her bed, with it's thrashed-in sheets and everything. He sat down with her and she replied,

"It was about m-my dad throwing me out for being g-genderfluid and t-trans" she managed before crying into Magnus's shirt. He held her close to him and whispered soothingly in her ear.

"It's okay, Alex, I'm here, you're going to be fine."

"No one is supposed to see me like this," she muttered, "I'm not supposed to be weak."

"You're not supposed to be anything but Alex." he kissed her gently on the forehead before trailing down to her lips. She kissed him back, and right there, locked in that warm embrace, he never wanted the moment to end. When they broke away, Alex managed a small, weak smile, and tried to convince him that she was fine. He saw right through her facade. He gently raised the duvet over both of them, and, still holding Alex close, drifted off to sleep.

This time, Alex smiled for real.

y'alls not-so-favorite self deprecating author, signing off!

~~