"i think you'll be doing laps by next week," catherine assures.

"excuse me, sir," deluca interrupts as he and cross enter richard's room. "your, uh, drain output has been a little low, and we were told to come by to strip your j.p."

"we can come back later if this isn't a good time," cross adds.

"well, i actually wanted to talk to dr. bailey. so right now is a great time," catherine tells them.

"i need a hand to get back in bed," richard reminds them.

"well, what are you two waiting for? help the man!" bailey orders deluca and cross before following catherine outside.

"i was expecting more," catherine sighs.

"but he couldn't sit up two days ago," bailey argues.

"he's depressed," catherine shakes her head. "have you considered antidepressants?"

"of course i have," bailey assures. "and he refuses. he says he's fine, and he is. he needs time, support, and more pillows if he's ever gonna be able to sit up comfortably. i'm gonna go get those."

"miranda... i'm so sorry," catherine places a hand on either one of bailey's shoulders. "you've done so much, and i am grateful. i'm here to help. so let me."

"alright," bailey nods. "pillows."

■ ■ ■

"hey, sam," lia smiles as she and wilson follow meredith into their patients room.

"dr. webber... where's your baby belly?" sam asks, as she sits herself upright in her bed.

"it turned into a baby girl," lia tells her.

"congratulations," sam sighs.

"i would show you a picture, but she's so cute, you may have another heart attack," lia jokes and she chuckles.

"she's had a bunch of them," meredith corrects as she examines sam.

"not recently, though," sam assures them. "i think the yoga music helps."

"absolutely," her husband, davis, agrees.

"he hates the music," sam shakes her head as she points to davis.

"i loved it..." davis protests, unconvincingly. "for the first few months."

"well, now that we're getting you a new heart and liver, you can flip out like the rest of us," meredith chuckles.

"and have a baby, like you and dr. webber," sam gushes as meredith steps away from her and looks at lia expectantly.

"what?"

"did you want to examine the patient?" meredith raises her brow.

"oh," lia nods before moving around the bed.

■ ■ ■

lia walks past one of the conference rooms where she finds mark talking to a dozen people all wearing suits. she stops outside the window, and nods her head when he looks at her to indicate she wants to speak to him.